- Detroit, MI, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Media Associates support the creation, management, and stewardship of Starcom Worldwide client media plans and investments. The Media Associate role is a great place to begin your career in the continuously evolving world of advertising. At Starcom, we provide you extensive training and development opportunities when you join our team.
No matter where you start as a Media Associate, you will have the opportunity to rotate and gain different experiences in the role over time. Here are some of the key things that you may focus on as a Media Associate:
- Learn about your client’s business, including the industry, category, and your client’s competitors
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and external sales professionals
- Develop relationships with both client contacts and external vendors
- Develop a solid understanding of consumer and industry insights to analyze competitors
- Inform and influence when and where a client’s advertising dollars should be spent
- Learn how to make educated placement recommendations using media statistics and basic media math calculations (all taught in our training programs)
- Develop analytical and negotiation skills
- Monitor budgets, reporting, and purchases to ensure all ads run as ordered
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Applied Mathematics or Consumer Insights
- You have demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills but you’ll embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science.
- You have top-notch communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have experience developing and presenting your thoughts and ideas
- You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems
- You like to speak up with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- You are detail oriented and have exceptional organizational skills
- You thrive on a team, can meet tight deadlines and are comfortable juggling multiple priorities
- You enjoy managing projects and/or processes
- You enjoying learning and are willing to lean into new opportunities
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- You can back up all of the above with detailed examples and stories!
- You must have the permanent, unrestricted right to work in the US
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.