SEO User Experience Manager
- London, UK
At Performics, we bring together the best and the brightest of the digital realm to decipher data, uncover stories, and understand why consumers do what they do. The Performics world features math whizzes, storytellers, strategists and creators, and is a place you can grow professionally, take advantage of bespoke training opportunities and cultivate your own career path. As the original performance marketing agency, we convert consumer intent into revenue for the world’s most admired brands. Across a global network operating in 57 countries worldwide, we create connected and personalized digital experiences across paid, earned and owned media. RECMA recognized Performics as one of their Top Digital Agency Networks of 2014. Headquartered in Chicago, Performics is a Publicis Media company.
To learn more, visitwww.performics.com
We are powered by a network
Performics are an industry leading performance marketing agency. We are part of the Publicis Groupe network and operate as the Performance/Digital arm of Publicis Media around the Globe.
We work with great clients
We work in partnership with our clients to deliver fantastic, innovative campaigns that drive results. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the world’s biggest brands, including RBS, Nestle, Hewlett Packard, and Staples.
We are market leaders
Our work has been recognised by our industry peers as being market leading, and Performics was named as the leading Search Marketing Agency by Forrester Wave™
We have great people
With over 100 Performance Marketing professionals in our London Based teams, we have one of the biggest teams in the UK. Having so many specialists in one place means it’s a great place to learn.
User Experience Director
“To work closely with the UX Director in delivering effective and holistic User Experience campaigns that exceed client objectives, go beyond client briefs by pushing the boundaries of the UX offering, manage execution and align delivery with the Owned Strategy Team, help educate internal teams and staff members, as well as developing their broad Digital knowledge.”
You will be responsible for a team of Senior and Junior Executives both in the UK and across the network, managing their workload, ensuring the quality of their work as well as staying hands-on with larger deliverables on the account.
You will have a strong understanding of technical SEO and a desire to learn more about ASO, UX, Marketplace Optimisation and CRO and will be proactive and passionate in developing your own knowledge into each of these expansive fields.
You will work closely with the UX Director in improving the services we provide to our clients and ensuring that all work coming out of the UX team is of the highest quality.
You will also get the opportunity to work closely with the content marketing team, ensuring that all aspects of Performance Content remain founded in data and insights.
You will take an active role in training across the agency delivering training sessions as part of our divisional training roadmap designed to up-skill the UX division in new processes and technology. You will also be expected to deliver simplified training for clients and other agency stakeholders to improve understanding and demonstrate the value of what we can deliver.
As a manager, you will also be expected to lead meetings and generate actions and follow up with team and external suppliers.
Relationships (Internal & External)
The following internal and external relationships will need to be built and continually improved:
- Respected Manager-led relationship with direct team members. Ability to both professionally mentor and critique team members.
- Continual collaboration with line management and alignment with the goals and objectives of the department.
- Ongoing relationship building with Owned Strategy and Content Marketing teams to continue to put insights, data and user experience at the heart of our offering
- Friendly, professional relationship with all clients, particularly the technical and development teams
- Collaborative relationship with third-party agencies, even if they have conflicting services or agendas.
- Positive relationships with suppliers and creation of new initiatives to allow us to continue to expand our service
First Year Objectives
- Understand the working processes of your clients and the department and build relationships with team members and clients
- Take full ownership of the day to day technical delivery of the account requiring only oversight from the UX director
- Build a solid understanding of the wider Performance Content offering beyond technical SEO
- Improve the direction of the account by improving processes and taking a lead on ‘what’ and ‘how’ we deliver beyond the ‘when’
- Become a trusted sounding board for the Owned Strategy team, making solid and strategic recommendations
- Delivering internal training sessions in-line with the roadmap
- Be in a position to take on greater authority within the department managing projects outside retained client work and helping with pitch research and preparation
- Be ready to identify new technical opportunities for existing clients and help SEO & UX Manager upsell to client
- Minimum of three years’ proven experience of working within a relevant fast-paced agency environment working with enterprise-level clients.
- Minimum of one years’ proven experience line-managing a team of SEO and/or UX specialists, ideally within an agency, SEO or digital marketing environment.
- To have high-level technical knowledge across SEO including the ability to execute all aspects of on-site and off-site SEO undertaking audits
- Ability to utilise industry reporting, analysis and insight tools, such as Google/Adobe Analytics, Brightedge, Ahrefs, Deepcrawl (or similar)
- Confident working as part of a specialist team and helping drive out service proposition forward.
- Confident, comfortable and professional when communicating with clients and third-parties.
- Working as part of a cross skilled team with experience in CRO, ASO, YouTube and Amazon Optimisation
- Experience with conversion rate optimisation platforms i.e. Optimizely, Google Optimise & Adobe Target
- Proven demonstrable experience of managing and mentoring direct reports within the digital space
- Experience presenting at digital marketing conferences and seminars
- Experience creating vertical reports and white papers for clients and/or marketing material
Who we’re looking for
Who are looking to drive, test and improve what and how we deliver for our clients. Keeping up to date with the industry and our clients verticals and customers to continually stay ahead of the competition
Drive for Results
Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful or acting with a minimum of planning; seize opportunities and is very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and/or internal clients; grasps opportunities to sell in UX products even when not in scope, acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plan.
Is seen as a team player and is collaborative, easily gains trust and support of peers; Encourage collaborations; Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interest and yet be fair to other groups.