Peformance Director (PPC & Display)
- London, UK
Performics are an industry-leading performance marketing agency. We are part of the Publicis Groupe network and operate as the Performance / Digital arm of Zenith across the globe.
WE WIN AWARDS
Our work has been recognised by our industry peers as being market leading, reflected in our numerous successes at the UK and European Search Awards and the Performance Marketing Awards.
WE HAVE GREAT PEOPLE
With over 100 Performance Marketing professionals in our UK and EMEA teams, we have one of the biggest teams in the UK. Having so many specialists in one place means it’s a great place to learn.
WE DEVELOP CAREERS
We have a superb Talent team, helping the agency recruit, develop and retain the industry's best talent. We're constantly striving to create a winning culture and we're delighted that 91% of our people would recommend us as a great place to work.
Along with our parent company, Zenith, we have roughly 400 employees working in our UK office, in its enviable Percy Street location.
As an assistant, you will have access to our entry-level training scheme and of course the support, experience and expertise of your colleagues in an award winning agency.
Our first stage is a 30 minute call or face to face interview with the account director. This will just be a general chat to understand your background, identify key skills for the role and see if you’d be a good fit for the team.
We may then ask for a 2nd interview that will include a presentation or a problem solving task before offering you the role.
We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact. This person should exude confidence and be able to motivate, educate and develop a large team. Whilst the successful candidate will be well supported, it is expected that they should be able to ‘hit the ground running’, and for the most part be able to manage their team autonomously, and be the key Senior contact for Planning and Clients.
At Director level you will ideally have had valuable exposure to a broad range of channels and activations (Digital / Brand / Performance / etc.), although this is not essential to have worked across all these areas. For this specific role, a combination of Direct Digital and Programmatic planning experience is preferred. Although we will consider individuals from either background, Digital leadership will be a key requirement for the successful candidate
As a Director, key responsibilities will be
- Proven record of driving value for clients (hitting client KPIs and audit beating results) and a strong demonstration of commercial understanding
- Excellent relationships with senior media owners and 3rd party suppliers
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; working under pressure and prioritise workload
- Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
- Proactively work with internal teams to build client solutions
- Good relationships with BDs and senior contacts; be their first point of contact - work closely with BD to input to annual budget planning
- Driving commercial delivery for your Client(s)
- Lead the development of clear individual responsibilities/ structured training plans/ team competence/ KPI setting of your team
- Create fun: the team should be a fun, collaborative and productive environment to work
- Be a leader: inspire, be a role model, guide, show the way
- Ensure your team is adhering to all processes
- Punctual to work
- Complete work in a timely fashion, meeting set deadlines
- Prioritise workload and flag to business director should any unexpected issues arise
- Lead and develop strategies that fulfil client KPIs
- Effectively communicate and manage partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels, from assistants to C-Level
- Lead high-profile meetings and calls
- Alert clients to poor performing areas / growth opportunities to work in collaboration on progressing the account
- Manage client expectations
- Acknowledge receipt of client’s emails
- Respond to clients’ requests in an efficient and courteous manner, always updating the client where there may be unexpected delays and when a task is completed
- Ensure all staff understand and fulfil their roles and responsibilities
- Identify any team or departmental issues or inefficiencies and generate solutions
- Identify areas of development for line managers and creating career development plans
- Running one-to-one career development catch ups with staff and appraisals
- Direct workflow processes
- Delegate and prioritise key initiatives
- Generate case studies and award entries
- Assist with new business pitches
- Understand digital media channels beyond paid search, including but not limited to SEO, content, programmatic display, social media and affiliates
- Be proactive in staying aware of new technologies or changes in the industry that can affect clients’ account performance
- Understand and expand upon knowledge of attribution, conversion rate optimisation and user-experience
- Ensure quality assurance processes are adhered to by staff
- Check all high-profile outputs
- Ensure the team and accounts are aligned with and executing against key success metrics looked at by the global Publicis team (e.g. Google feature adoption and utilisation)
- Analyse wider industry and market trends and how these apply and affect clients’ account performance
- Ensure correct measurement strategies are in place for all clients
- Identify areas for client growth and initiate growth strategies
- Outside-the-box thinking to generate award-winning strategies
- Build relationships within own team, other departments and media owners
- Nurture key partnerships with Google, Bing, Doubleclick, etc.
Ideal, but not Essential
- Recent experience planning consumer-facing Digital Campaigns. All experience considered.
- Current understanding of the digital marketplace, inclusive of ad-tech and programmatic trading (although programmatic trading experience is not a requirement)
- Interest in bidding strategies, programmatic media buying.
- Ability to develop Display investment opportunities with the support of the Display team and through discussions and negotiations with Vendors.
- Confident to talk independently about potential Display opportunities with the client.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a proactive Performance Director, to lead our Staples key client account and partnership and direct line reports. The dynamic and fast-paced nature of Paid Search and Display Buying demands passionate creative, numerical and commercial individuals in order to drive results on our national and global client portfolios.
The ideal Director will have a passion for the digital industry and technology. In addition to being highly proficient in programmatic activation, paid search and analytics technologies, they will have a firm understanding of other digital media channels. They will be knowledgeable of attribution, conversion rate optimisation, user-experience and consumer behaviour. The individual will be extremely confident in managing internal and external stakeholders at all levels. They will be highly aware of the wider digital and vertical space in which their clients operate.
An effective director will not only be able to manage a team, but will have the ability to lead. They will possess a gravitas that instils confidence within internal and external teams. They will be effective in nurturing professional relationships and be considered as an expert in their field.
Pre-requisites for the role
· Blended Paid Search and Display Buying related experience
· Worked with budgets > £200k p/m
· Experienced team leader
· Extensive client-facing experience
Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competent mathematical ability
- Creative and inquisitive mind
- A team player
- 25 days holiday, plus days off between Christmas and New Year
- Season ticket loan
- Pension – after probation
- Death in service
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Subsidised massages, acupuncture and wellbeing treatments
- Ride 2 Work
- Free Friday afternoon drinks