Econometrician - Senior Manager
- London, UK
ABOUT BLUE 449
Blue 449 is a global media network that launched in Spring 2015 and is one of the 6 agency brands within Publicis Media. Blue 449 has 1,300 employees across 17 cities (14 markets), with the HQ in London.
In the UK, our client list includes Asda, KFC, Dixons Carphone Group, Disney, Kettle Chips, Mandarin Oriental, Clarins, Vision Express, Weight Watchers, Kayak and many more.
Analogue business models have been shattered by the new digital economy. New methods are needed. Today, a media agency must think flexibly, learn fast, respond swiftly, collaborate widely, nurture technology, amplify ideas, read data and operate at the very heart of businesses. It must sit at the intersection of data and ideas. There is a parallel for this in technology. It’s called open source.
Open source is a philosophy born in the world of software development that has since been applied to other fields. The core principle is that the source code of software programs be made publically available for adaptation, modification and development. It is an approach to work that is decentralised, people-focused and full of possibility. Open source has influenced the world’s most innovative businesses, from the sharing economy of Airbnb to the crowdfunding finance of Zopa to access-driven entertainment platforms like Spotify.
Its methods have greatly influenced us and we believe that open source behaviours not only make sense for a media agency, they are what are needed for a modern media agency to excel. Which is why we call ourselves ‘the open source media agency’.
We have many long-standing client relationships and an enviably strong client retention record. Our clients value us for our honesty, openness and willingness to collaborate, as well as our rich understanding of their businesses. Our work both prioritises the proven and is driven by a hunger for invention.
At Blue 449, we pride ourselves in designing connected experiences built on unprecedented human understanding to establish a meaningful, relevant and personalised dialogue and relationship between advertiser and consumer. We partner with our clients to help them achieve growth in a number of areas and naturally data analysis of varying degrees and levels features in the work we do, the scenarios we plan to and the performance and optimisations we perform. This role is a crucial hire to support the future growth of the agency in a modern media world, help uncover the real drivers of business outcomes, scenario plan for the future and retrospectively as well as real time understand how to optimise communications.
The purpose of the role is to
1) Partner with our client planning teams so we help clients achieve their business objectives through a deep level of data analysis connected to marketing execution
2) Unearth specific drivers for performance and direct internal teams to optimize communications accordingly.
3) Champion analytics internally, hunting for better data to build meaningful and impactful communications that delivers to the bottom line for clients
4) Mentor analytics talent in Blue449 on data driven marketing analytics and build capability
• Partner as the key lead on econometrics with client planning teams on their clients’ business objectives, existing evaluation of performance drivers, market context and audience targeting to develop a data driven strategy that improves communications and leads to increased business outcomes.
• Guide and work closely with the planning teams and the client teams to deliver on “data driven” marketing investment decisions (portfolio planning, scenario planning, data driven marketing planning), build presentations providing the clear analytics story – why the work is important, the truths that the analytics reveal, and the actions that should follow the analyses.
• Responsible for developing and managing the delivery of analytics projects for clients via the Data Sciences practice.
• Underpin client marketing processes with ‘Big Picture’ measurement frameworks and KPIs that will be used to evaluate experiences across paid, owned and earned media environments; design and lead the implementation of modern measurement plans and longer terms road maps for key clients
• Drive a culture of ‘always on’ data driven decision making that will institutionalise the use of consumer-driven analytics in media / marketing investment planning
• As a key lead on Analytics drive thought leadership and product development in the areas of marketing mix modelling, attribution and (digital) analytics and help teams and clients the right KPIs for their businesses
• Play a key role in new business pitches with the data story at the heart of our pitch offering
• Win industry awards for best in class analytics and raise profile of Blue 449 work
Key KPI’s will include
• Increase the percentage of Blue449’s plans that are powered by data
• An increased scoring for our Data, Analytics and Insight performance from clients and new business pitches
• Strengthened capability of Blue449 analytics talent in data driven marketing and analytics delivery
Who are we looking for?
• The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, advanced analytics and marketing strategy to drive and improve clients’ business results
• Excellent track record relating to Econometrics/Analytics/Insight/Data across traditional forms of analysis and modern digital, behavioural data driven analysis
• Several years of analytics experience and consulting clients on making strategic investment decisions to improve business results
• Excellent presentation skills, being the ‘front of pitch’ is essential
• Must have strong entrepreneurial mind-set the drives to dig in, problem solve, and evolve the agency’s data & analytics product for the mutual benefit of our client and the agency
• Strong knowledge of advertising/media practices with particular emphasis on Digital Media and overall Media Operations
• Strong knowledge of Marketing/Media reporting and associated KPIs, data sources, and data processing requirements ·
• Candidate must have a strong attention to detail, and be able to quality check their teams’ work to ensure that data anomalies/mistakes are caught prior to delivery of the analysis to the client teams
• Excellent communication skills – written and spoken, excellent expectation management skills
• Ability to work and manage projects independently
• Experience managing projects of 3+ months in duration and with project teams consisting of 2+ individuals
• Experience working with teams comprised of a variety of skills (media experience, digital analytics, technology experience, database experience, project management experience)
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of working with clients from several sectors
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension scheme
• Private medical insurance available at corporate rates
• Dental insurance available at corporate rates
• Life assurance
• Season ticket loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Free eye tests
• Childcare vouchers
• Daily free breakfast,
• Highly subsidised canteen
• Free drinks and snacks available every Friday afternoon via the new starter trolley
• All company ‘Skint Nights’ every month before pay day
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
From March 2019 you will be based in the Publicis Media offices; 2 Television Centre (White City), a stunning redevelopment encompassing 7 floors of space. With Westfield opposite, you will be spoiled for choice in how to spend your lunch break!
Prior to this, you will be based in Blue 449 offices on Cleveland Street, W1T 4JE.
Training is critical to our people’s development and we have a strong training programme in place, taking advantage of the extensive Publicis Media Talent organisation.