VP, Intelligence-Media & Social
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe[Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
Our VP, Intelligence-Media & Social partners closely with clients to develop, guide, and implement an Intelligence Evolution Roadmap that defines the right approach to measurement, analysis and decisioning to reach our clients business goals. You work to grow new and existing relationships by working closely with Media, Social and Account Leadership teams to assess client business models and identify new revenue opportunities within the context of data and technology.
The Intelligence team has a broad focus, from developing long-term holistic measurement plans across an entire consumer journey to creating personalized, algorithmic-driven data marketing solutions to continuous optimization and attributions strategies (and everything in between).
Because of this, you understand what makes a true insight—not simply a statistic, trend or data point but a behavior revelation that provides a whole new perspective. You lead the agency in defining the problem and are skilled at translating data into insights and insights into galvanizing strategies for optimization or opportunity against Audience and Experience.
Specifically, you will lead a team of measurement professionals working within Media & Social channels who provide clients with deep insight, actionable measurement and analysis. You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of analysis methodologies, dashboard design, and data driven recommendations and the required tools to generate actionable insightful recommendations. The role will leverage customer information such as transactional and behavioral data, demographic and attitudinal overlays, and qualitative/quantitative research to make business decisions regarding client's marketing investments and competitive intelligence.
The VP, is a group thought leader, and is passionately dedicated to growing our intelligence expertise and knowledge base within your area of expertise. As the leader of analysts and strategists; you work with team members to hone and evolve their skills so as to maintain a market leader position for talent. To do this you will stay current in the latest techniques, tools and processing in the fields of communications and behavioral science, program monitoring, marketing measurement and analytics.
The VP will spend time onsite with clients to gain deep insight into business needs, becoming trusted partners and advisors to senior client executives. You are a connector of people, data and technology.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Manage industry-leading tools such as Omniture, WebTrends, CoreMetrics, DoubleClick, Netbase and Google products that facilitate cross channel measurement and optimization
• Strategic direction and/or development of segmentation, predictive, and propensity models
Provide expert counsel to both internal and external clients.
Be an advocate for the Analytics department.
Develop innovative insightful analytics solutions for website activity, online advertising, email/e-CRM programs, mobile marketing, social media and other emerging trends that help solve key business problems.
Manage the full analytical project lifecycle, from business development to final delivery, connecting optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and underlying business objectives.
Educate Moxie team members on the importance and implementation of actionable analytics solutions.
Initiate, manage and/or supervise 3rd party analytics relationships such as Omniture, QlikView and DoubleClick.
Overlay traditional analytical solutions where required, such as
o Predictive statistical models
o Customer profiling
o Segmentation Analysis
o Survey Design and Analysis
o Data Analysis and Mining
o Multi-Touch Attribution
• Lead a team on the vision and direction of the Intelligence team
Nature and Scope
Reports to EVP, Intelligence
This position is supported by a team of 15+/-; across 2 offices ATL, PITTS
May require overnight travel up to 30%
Masters in a quantitative, economics, or business equivalent preferred
Years of Relevant Experience
10+ years of digital marketing experience primarily focused on strategic planning and analysis
• Expert level knowledge of analytics platforms and other business intelligence tools
• Strong client engagement and leadership experience skills
• Strong management experience, including history of leading teams
• Competent in online/offline campaign measurement
• Social Platform Analytics and Paid Social Activations
• Web analytics tools (Omniture, WebTrends, HBX)
• Ad servers (Atlas, DART)
• Deep understanding of CRM including platforms as well as holistic customer value measurement
• Experimental test design (A/B split, full factorial, fractional factorial)
• Statistical tools (such as R, SPSS, SAS) and techniques e.g. segmentation, response modeling and lifetime value
• Database tools (MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access)
• Understanding of database concepts including normalization, and data integrity
• Visual presentation of data through Excel, MS Access reports, PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
• Self-proclaimed industry passion seeker who understands and is inspired by the digital landscape and the value of marketing performance
• Self-motivated, with a “roll up your sleeves” work style
• Experience delivering insight to internal or external clients by building a technical foundation that includes deep understanding of multi-channel target marketing and optimization in direct mail and/or interactive marketing.
• In-depth knowledge of quantitative analysis and ability to provide intuitive plain language understanding to clients.
• Demonstrated leadership acumen within client relationships and for direct reports and cross-functional project teams.
• Excellent management and time prioritization skills
• Ability to manage large project with exceptional project management skills
• Excellent communication and client presentation skills
• Able to think about both practical and visionary uses of available data
• Deep understanding of marketing, advertising, and customer profiling
All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with EEO guidelines.