Associate Director, Analytics & Insights
- Chicago, IL, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
Associate Director, Analytics and Insights is responsible for the application of data driven insights into the Media planning, investment and measurement process. Additionally, the role requires the candidate design and lead the implementation of modern measurement plans and longer terms roadmaps for Spark clients. Working closely with the internal client teams and Analytics leads is a vital part of the role, with accountability for the highest quality execution of a diverse array of client and project deliverables. Functions as expert technical point of escalation, analytical problem solver and technical translator to internal account teams and clients. Provides ongoing strategic account direction/vision for technology, process and digital reporting/insights.
• Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and groups, facilitating synergy between the planning and activation functions that manage day-to-day client business
• Build and develop relationships with client business directors and brand teams, ensuring that client and overall data proposition is relevant and aligns with strategy direction
• Drive a culture of ‘always on’ data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics in media / marketing investment planning
• Grow product delivery and agency revenue organically by cross selling and up selling value add analytical products across client divisions, markets & categories
• Scope and direct advanced analytics projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable client and media team questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to
• The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, advanced analytics and marketing strategy to drive and improve clients’ business results.
• Consult with senior client marketing and business leaders to define and answer their most important business questions, advising on how to best leverage media & marketing investments to drive business results
• Work collaboratively with the network to providing the client with the very best thinking and leadership in creating meaningful, measurable marketing experiences
• Underpin client marketing processes with ‘Big Picture’ measurement frameworks and KPIs that will be used to evaluate experiences and specific plans, campaigns or investments across paid, owned and earned media environments
• Keeps abreast of evolving media landscape, including research and emerging trends to provide insight to both media teams and client (as required)
• Guide and work closely with the planning teams and the client teams to deliver on “data driven” marketing investment decisions (how much, where, when, which channels, etc…)
• Create and manage deliverables against detailed project plans that align expectations with outcomes
• Provide a high value consultation layer on top of analytics deliverables
• Consult with client media teams to align on the strategy, implementation and measurement plans for all key accounts
• Determine the best means of communicating analytical insights to clients that ensures understanding of results and application of the analyses is applied
• Build presentations providing the clear analytics story – why the work is important, the truths that the analytics reveal, and the actions that should follow the analyses
• Grow product delivery and agency revenue organically by cross selling and up selling value add analytical products across client divisions, markets, categories, etc…
• Build the profile of Business Integration within the agency by packaging and evangelizing best in class client work
• Must have 5-8 years of experience consulting with clients on making strategic investment decisions to improve business results
• Senior resource must have strong functional understanding of contemporary marketing analytics, advertising technology and research techniques, as well as an innovative vision on how the practice should evolve to keep pace with the ever changing marketing environment
• Strong client management/consultative experience both presenting and resolving issues.
• Extensive experience leading and managing marketing technology projects from ideation through installation
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills – demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
• Solid written and verbal communication skill with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
• Strong understanding and experience with digital media buying, KPI development and technology practices during campaign planning and execution
• Demonstrated experience with programmatic audience buying concepts and execution
• Must have demonstrable quantitative skills and the ability to roll up sleeves and dig into the numbers when necessary
• Must have powerful leadership qualities, as will be required to lead external and internal resources into new marketing effectiveness territories
• Must have a strong attention to detail, and be able to quality check their teams’ work to ensure that data anomalies/mistakes are caught prior to delivery of the analysis to the client teams
• Must have strong management capabilities, both operationally (as well as strategically) to ensure that guidance is given to all teams on how to enhance the product as the account matures)
• Candidate must be outgoing and able to integrate with a fast-paced Planning and Activation teams
• Must be able to cultivate excellent relationships with technology and research partners
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Hands on, problem solving abilities – “can do” approach (someone who is a thinker and a doer)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.