Chief Technology Officer, Publicis PeopleCloud
- New York, NY, USA
ABOUT PUBLICIS SPINE
Part of Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), Publicis Spine was established in 2017 to serve the data and analytics and technology needs of Publicis Groupe agencies and their clients. Its mission is to grow clients’ businesses through transformative applications of data and is the home to Publicis Groupe’s proprietary technology platform, Publicis PeopleCloud. It includes a consistent, transparent, best-in-class approach to data, analytics solutions, partnerships and technology via a closely joined network of engineers, technology experts, product designers, analysts and data scientists all empowering marketing and digital business transformation.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will have direct responsibility for the development of Publicis PeopleCloud – Publicis Groupe’s proprietary, global platform designed to deliver growth by executing 1:1 marketing at scale. This is a rare opening in a new division at the intersection of disrupting how data-driven marketing drives business results for some of the largest Fortune 500 marketers in the world.
This role is with a team of over 100+ engineers and data scientists across NYC, Boston, Chicago and India to drive the development of Publicis PeopleCloud.
As CTO, you will apply your technical knowledge and experience across full-stack development, from statistical modeling, machine learning, and distributed data processing to cloud-based application architecture, front-end frameworks and agile software development across staffed 8+ squads. You will also work closely with the heads of Product, Partnerships, Client Services and Markets to drive the product delivery, ecosystem integrations, customer value and fiscal performance of Publicis PeopleCloud.
You will report into the President of PeopleCloud and drive a technology vision with high visibility to senior executives of Publicis Spine and Publicis Groupe. You’ll be expected to lead and successfully deliver across the following accountability areas:
• Drive strategy and vision for platform architecture. Define cross-cloud approach (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) and direct technology selection, including use of container strategies (Kubernetes, EC2, Docker) and big data architectures (Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
• Champion use of latest Machine Learning frameworks (Spark, Storm, BigQuery, Theanos, Tensorflow, Keras) in real-world applications (collaborative filtering, neural nets, NLP, Computer Vision, Image Recognition)
• Lead by example with production-quality coding skills in several programming languages and frameworks (Python, R, Scala, C++, Java, Ruby, Angular, React)
• Drive agile software development practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP, test-driven development, DevOps)
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP • Partner with the head of Product Development to set the cultural tone for the engineering and product organization, ensuring that talent is focused on delivery of the roadmap, and inspired and motivated to build world-class software
• Directly lead engineering and data science teams in NYC, Chicago and Boston through your team of Data Science, Data Engineering, Product Engineering executives and senior leaders as well as partner with leaders in India and across the company
• Actively represent PeopleCloud and Publicis Spine in client and partner meetings, and lead key technical engagements with Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Acxiom, Snapchat and others
KNOWLEAGE AREA AND QUALIFICATIONS
In this role you will be expected to have current, hands-on engineering experience developing at-scale, service- oriented software using the best cloud offerings from Amazon, Microsoft and Google. You will also have deep knowledge of the Ad Tech and Marketing Tech landscape, and experience in evaluating build / partner / buy opportunities. Finally, you will be passionate about engineering culture, and have significant experience energizing and coordinating large engineering organizations across multiple locations. Additional qualification requirements and experience include:
• A BA or BS degree, and Advanced degree preferred in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics
• 10-15 years software development, data science or data engineering experience Management of large (50+) engineering teams, organized in agile squads, across multiple locations Technical experience running an at-scale enterprise product, utilizing best-in-class cloud, big data and database architectures
• Current, working knowledge of several programming languages and frameworks
• Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis for internal, partner and client meetings
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain forward momentum
• In-depth understanding of digital advertising landscape from either agency, sales, or product management perspective
• Strong time management/project management skills, with ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.