- Sydney NSW, Australia
STARCOM is a world-renowned media agency that simplifies human understanding to deliver meaningful brand experiences. STARCOM does this by creating the Space for Ideas, in peoples' minds and in the world, via a unique approach that gives the agency an unparalleled advantage. With over 1,200 employees, STARCOM helps get the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies.
Tired of always analysing data through a media lens?
As the Human Experience company, Starcom is committed to designing customer experiences that deliver the most meaningful human and business outcomes for brands. This sometimes means there is a need to solve business problems from a non-media perspective, in order to really understand what drives a client’s business.
In order to empower our teams to become broader trusted business advisors, Starcom is in need of a senior data analyst responsible for organising client, agency and broader industry data around a business problem so that advanced analytical techniques can be executed against that data in order to truly identify what broader marketing and business levers – media or otherwise – will generate the right outcomes for brands.
- Identify data wrangling solutions that can help solve respective business problems
- Set up, maintain and update automated data extraction, transformation and loading processes for automated tasks e.g. business intelligence, reporting, attribution modelling
- Engage with data providers in order to set up and improve quality of data feeds
- Collect, clean and send data to the analyst for building ad-hoc, complex business models
- Build and maintain dashboards within business intelligence platforms
- Troubleshoot data quality issues that can arise from data load processes
- Support the Measurement Director in preparing technical documentation that outlines development and maintenance tasks associated with data wrangling
- Support the Measurement Director in preparing content on data quality e.g. ‘Descriptive Analyses’, to be presented to clients
- Manage analytical project inputs and outputs in accordance with pre-agreed timelines and deliverables
- Power new business pitches (eg conduct desk research for data, build dashboards or conduct basic analysis) and thought leadership (collating data for advanced modelling) over and above the day-to-day, as needed.
Required Technical Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience wrangling data
- Working knowledge of SQL / SSIS for database development and administration
- Working knowledge of Python / VBA / Excel for ETL processing
- Experience connecting data to business intelligence platforms e.g. Tableau, Datorama.
Nice to have Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a media or marketing environment
- Ideally tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Advertising or a data-specific qualification such as IT/Computer
- Working knowledge of media industry tools
- Experience building advanced reports in Excel or dashboards within BI platforms
- Basic understanding of the role of econometric modelling techniques like linear regression, in marketing
- Basic understanding of the role of Machine Learning such as neural networks, decision tress, in marketing.
- All of the amazing perks; free yoga classes, breakfast daily, YOUFLEX (pick your start time and work around your personal life) regular social events, summer hours and birthday leave to name a few!
- Access to leading edge tools and global thinkers
- Work in a positive, diverse and optimistic culture
- An extensive global mobility program, unlimited opportunities to work anywhere in the world within Publicis Media