- Chicago, IL, USA
As the original performance marketing agency, Performics is the premier revenue growth driver for many of the world’s most admired brands. Across an expansive global network operating in 57 countries, Performics leverages data, technology and talent to create and convert consumer demand wherever it is expressed—search, social, display, commerce and offline channels. Performics is built for the relentless pursuit of results. Headquartered in Chicago, Performics is a Publicis Media company and the performance marketing engine of Publicis Groupe. Demand Performance. To learn more, visit https://www.performics.com.
The Performics Analytics & Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer who will be an essential team member in the design, development, implementation, and on-going support of software projects and platforms. The position will be comprised of both development and planning tasks. The Engineer must be able to act as an outstanding member in a team of software developers as well as develop, review code, and manage releases.
• Develop new features for the proprietary products
• Work on application maintenance tasks such as bug fixes, performance tuning etc.
• Understand larger architecture based on ‘LAMP (PHP)’ stack and develop design documents for specific features consistent with the larger architecture
• Consistently adhere to established coding standards and also contribute to further refinement on an ongoing basis
• Work closely with product manager to flesh out business requirements on specific features and define technical specs
• Think through all development tasks associated with features assigned and come up with reliable estimates
• Work within an agile development team following test-driven development processes as they develop software to solve the business requirements
• Work closely with Project Management, Technical Architects, and development staff to facilitate the reporting and resolution of errors
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated knowledge is required, as is experience in software development with a focus on web applications
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Solid understanding of best practices of OOP design and design patterns (MVC, Factory, Command pattern etc.)
• Knowledge and experience working on Linux-based systems
• Experience with “big data” technologies – Hadoop, Analytic databases, NoSQL databases etc.
• Excellent grasp of RDBMS database interfaces
• Experience developing using mainstream frameworks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.