Senior Account Director - Planning - Retail and Travel clients
- London, UK
Blue 449 is one of the 4 media agency brands of Publicis Media and is growing rapidly.
We have a wide range of interesting clients from retail goliaths such as Asda and Dixons Carphone to smaller luxury business such as Ralph Lauren and Fortnum & Mason.
We have many long-standing client relationships and an enviably strong client retention record. Our clients value us for our honesty, openness and willingness to collaborate, as well as our rich understanding of their businesses. Our work both prioritises the proven and is driven by a hunger for invention.
As an agency we believe strongly in two philosophies ‘Open Source’ and ‘Business Outcome first’.
‘Open Source’: Today, a media agency must think flexibly, learn fast, respond swiftly, collaborate widely, nurture technology, amplify ideas, read data and operate at the very heart of businesses. It must sit at the intersection of data and ideas. There is a parallel for this in technology. It’s called open source. Open source is a philosophy born in the world of software development that has since been applied to other fields. The core principle is that the source code of software programs be made publically available for adaptation, modification and development. This is why we put collaboration at the heart of what we do. We are happy to work with a variety of companies, whatever is the right answer for our clients, to make great things happen.
Business Outcome: In order to deliver business effect for our clients we need to get close to their 1st party data. We believe that a move away from media metrics is vital if you want to be a business partner rather than a supplier. Start with the desired business outcome and work back from there!
The Senior Account Director plays a pivotal role within the team. Working alongside the BD, they are the key day-to-day contact for clients and internal investment teams as well as the “gate-keeper” of all client work.
They will be responsible for much of the ongoing management of two key agency accounts within the Retail and Travel categories (more information below) whilst actively contributing to the management, training and development of individuals within their team in conjunction with the BD. This includes leading annual performance reviews & setting objectives.
The accounts are the optimum blend of account management, strategy and media planning. We are looking for someone who thrives on organization and attention to detail, whilst loving flexing their strategic media planning muscles and developing/writing recommendations which meet the business outcome objective.
The accounts are fast-paced and involve first-rate priorisation and multi-tasking. You’ll find yourself speaking to clients daily (usually more!), so enjoying building relationships and having excellent client handling skills are a must.
Externally facing, the Senior Account Director should represent the Blue 449 culture and collaborative ‘Open Source’ proposition at all times whether dealing with clients, media owners, agencies or new business prospects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTITUDE REQUIRED
• Excellent working knowledge of all media, in particular Digital and TV (although the role spans all media channels)
• Ability to present clearly & confidently to clients, articulate the agency recommended position and help sell in proposals and plan at a senior level.
• Enjoy account leadership and control of all team output to ensure all work is delievered accurately and on-time
• Possess a positive, solutions-orientated attitude
• Be numerate and articulate, with the ability to command the respect of their clients and team alike.
• A good degree of financial aptitude is key to ensure accurate client budgeting, accounting & reporting
• The aptitude to foster team spirit and the development of individuals under your auspices
• Be an ideas person, excited to brainstorm new and dynamic solutions for clients.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD...
• Have significant planning and account leadership experience in an agency environment.
• Team management experience
• Have ideally worked on a retail or large fast paced account
BLUE 449 CULTURE
Collaboration is at the core of our agency philosophy so Blue 449 is structured in client teams rather than by department. This means everyone who works on Dixons Carphone sits together. We’re one of the largest teams in the agency, creating a lively team dynamic.
Our ‘local’ is the King and Queen, all great agency moments are marked with some sort of evening over the road!
From April 2019 you will be based in the Pubicis Media offices; 2 Television Centre (White City), a stunning redevelopment encompassing 7 floors of space. With Westfield opposite, you will be spoiled for choice in how to spend your lunch break!
Prior to this, you will be based in Blue 449 offices on Cleveland Street, W1T 4JE.
Training is critical to our people’s development and we have a strong training programme in place, taking advantage of the extensive Publicis Media Talent organisation.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Dental insurance available at corporate rates
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free eye tests
- Childcare vouchers
- Daily free breakfast,
- Highly subsidised canteen
- Free drinks and snacks available every Friday afternoon via the new starter trolley
- All company ‘Skint Nights’ every month before pay day