Director, Social Strategy
- New York, NY, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
The Director or seasoned Associate Director, Social Strategy serves as the lead strategic social voice for one particular line of business on the account (the 'corporate brand' team). They will partner with Brand Planners, Media Planners, Digital Activation, and Content Marketing on that single line of business to drive a holistic communications plan for the client's messaging. This particular line of business is focused on the reputational management of the company, so campaigns range from societal impact, to public policy, thought leadership, global branding, and sports and cultural sponsorship.
Addtionally, they will work colaboratively with peers assigned to our client's other lines of business, including products and consumer branding, to ensure we have a strong social ecosystem, truly integrated with creative, effective, efficient, and future-forward.
This person is tasked with developing, implementing and integrating social media across campaigns. He or she is a proven strategic and creative thinker with a deep understanding of how to bring ideas to life across social platforms in innovative ways. We are looking for candidates that possess a true passion for building experiences that engage consumers toward the client’s goals.
- Evangelize Social Marketing’s ability to drive growth (both brand and business); translate that message into real-world practices and applications
- Uncover emerging social media platforms and/or first-mover opportunities within existing platforms
- Manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Oversee concepting, delivery and execution of programs for a leading consumer brand using content marketing and paid social media
- Embody a content marketing mindset including the ability to marry the social media strategy with the brand’s attitude, tone & voice
- Develop digital media strategies and tactical approach
- Liaison between clients, partners and execution team to ensure clear communication and campaign execution
- Assign and manage workload of junior media planners, train and mentor on best practices of social media planning/buying
- Partner with our Analytics team to develop recaps and reports, extrapolating key findings and making them actionable
- Ensure campaign goals/KPIs are met
- Manage budgets and calculate program ROI
- Drive development and maintenance of social media best practice documents, oversee POV documents on new platforms and significant platform updates
- Lead ongoing optimization of the social strategy, playbook, community management, content creation, social promotions/contests, partnerships, and UGC to improving our delivery and enhance results
- Support knowledge sharing between the Social and Content Marketing practice and other disciplines
- Be an active thought leader and agent of change
- BA/BS in Advertising, PR, Liberal Arts, Journalism, New Media or other relevant field
- 8-10 years of agency experience with at least 5 years of dedicated social media experience with a focus on consumer brands
- Proven knowledge of major and emerging social channels, specific rules of engagement for brands/advertisers, and general platform policies
- Demonstrates understanding of social advertising campaign management and optimization best practices across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing space (social, paid media, analytics, UGC, influencers, third-party listening)
- Has created/managed a social media team within an agency or business, preferably in a collaborative environment
- Has created/integrated social media into overall marketing strategies
- Excellent project management, problem solving, interpersonal, client, presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Has exhibited proficiency with online tracking methodologies and measurement best practices
- A keen eye for detail - be proactive, and process driven
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (http://www.sparkfoundryww.com/).
Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.