Associate Director, Analytics
- New York, NY, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
You will be central in driving analytic insights and strategic thinking for a specific Spark Foundry account. You will be the key contact for the client on media strategy/performance and will provide recommendations for both DR and awareness/consideration campaigns. You will also be responsible for ensuring that data and a continuous test and learn approach is implemented and utilized to drive client’s media objectives.
This position requires strategic and tactical thinking with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, an in-depth understanding of online media and technology. You must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses, be a team player and responsive in a client service environment.
• Primary lead for brand and consumer research analysis that yields unique insights and opportunities
• Collaborate with client research, insights and analytics team; have deep knowledge of client’s business goals and challenges
• Inform media targeting and budget allocations to ensure client advertising investment is optimized to drive results
• Drive day-to-day research efforts while contributing to larger cross-brand learning roadmaps. Execute, manage, and deliver best-in-class measurement & insight to inform communication strategy. Develop research approaches to address complex research and measurement challenges
• Support measurement execution focused on ad/media effectiveness, brand health and consumer behavior that capture campaign performance, inform optimizations and impact future plans
• Construct and execute "test and learn" measurement and consumer research roadmaps tied to business goals
• Support DMP audience analytics activities including developing precision audience recommendation for campaigns and mining target audience data within the DMP for relevant and actionable insights
• Leverage social listening to define category, consumer, brand and competitive landscapes
• Help answer client questions, create client-ready presentations and present at client meetings
• Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools and approaches
• Communicate opportunities, learnings and recommendations with authority and credibility
• Strategic thought-leadership; Evaluate new and current data partners, and identify new approaches to ensure our research is cutting edge
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA or Master’s preferred (Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, quantitative studies). The equivalent combination of education, training and work experience may be suitable
• 6+ years of work experience in a quantitative business environment
• 1+ years of marketing analytics (online advertising/media, channel marketing, strategic marketing, offline advertising/media and/or consulting)
• Team management with ability to effectively integrate with fast-moving planning and activation teams.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency of Microsoft suite of products, including Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
• Command expertise in media concepts, terminology, media math and media plan execution
• Working knowledge of competitive, audience and syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, IMS, MRI, Scarborough)
• Knowledge of the workings of a DSPs, Agency Trading desks and DMPs to drive campaign performance. Understanding of programmatic audience buying concepts
• Familiarity with DoubleClick, Google products. Must feel comfortable learning new systems and tools
• Experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships (data mining)
• Strong analytical skills with understanding of statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
• Experience with statistical analysis software products, research design, and a track record of implementing research and analytics driven solutions that impacted the bottom line
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with business leaders and develop research programs to support business goals in a changing media landscape
• Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
• Various dashboard, visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Business Objects, etc)
• Experience with multi-touchpoint attribution – implication, application, methodology and technology (vendor)
• Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS)
• Preferred knowledge of these web measurement technologies:
• Ad serving platforms (e.g., DCM, Atlas, etc)
• Website analytics software (e.g. Omniture SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics (Premium), Test & Target, Discovery, Monetate)
• Experience with Salesforce.com data and reporting
• Paid search engine marketing data sources (e.g. Google, Overture/Yahoo, Efficient Frontier)
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (http://www.sparkfoundryww.com/).
Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.