- New York, NY, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
The Spark Content Group is a unique and specialized team inside the larger Spark media agency. We are powered by people–we have an unwavering passion and vision for combining all forms of content to develop and produce brand-inspired experiences that flow across touch points and screens. From television and movies, to social, mobile, gaming, and events, we weave storylines together to create fresh and modern content for consumers and brands.
Help lead a team responsible for the development and production of Branded Entertainment projects for multiple accounts and assist in changing the way brand messaging is delivered to consumers to help meet and exceed client business objectives. The candidate will help drive content expertise and work closely within a team dedicated to specific product categories. The role requires a person who is passionate about media, content, creative, production and the details that go into taking a program concept from ideation to implementation and finally to “broadcast” across all screens.
Strategic Entertainment Marketing: From Concept to Execution
• Candidate will be responsible for developing targeted entertainment marketing programs to deliver upon clients’ goals and objectives. This will include responding to client requests for proposals, providing idea generation, recommending appropriate entertainment marketing programs, partners and media outlets, securing client approval, negotiating deals and formulating appropriate budgets and timelines.
• Candidate will interface with the market-place to build partnerships and relationships with key content developers, publishers and vendors.
• Candidate will also be responsible for oversight of a team. Will need to provide guidance and support to these individuals to continue to foster growth and creative thinking for the team.
Trend-spotting & Creative Thinking
• Essential to the duties listed above will be a candidate’s ability to identify entertainment and consumer trends as well as an ability to think originally about the entertainment industry in conjunction with our clients’ brands.
• Candidate will be responsible for understanding consumer trends relevant to specific brand categories (e.g. food trends, etc).
• The candidate will be responsible for knowing industry news and developments. The candidate will be responsible for conducting brainstorms for a variety of brand teams and will need to apply entertainment solutions to marketing needs.
• Candidate will be responsible for working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of individuals, client accounts, vendors/partners and as a liaison between buying, planning and the creative community.
• Candidate will guide programs through legal process, working to ensure all deliverables meet agency and client legal requirements.
• Candidate will oversee a variety of projects at one time acting as project leader and serving as supporting player on other team projects.
• Candidate will be expected to develop ownership of assigned client category: Understand brand goals, create a development plan and be able to provide updates to manager, clients and peers.
• Candidate will supervise Producers in delivery of status reports, timelines, budgets, meeting summaries and case studies
• Four-year bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 2-3 years of digital and print activation experience and relevant entertainment/promotional marketing or production experience within an advertising agency, production company, promotional agency, network or digital company
• Contacts/relationships within the entertainment/ promotional marketing communities
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
o Proven experience writing presentations, creative briefs, summaries of industry news and/or POVs
o Strong editing and proofreading skills
o Superb presentation abilities
• Exposure to production and general knowledge of the TV/digital production industry
• Awareness of entertainment and consumer trends and insights
• Knowledge of overall brand positioning
• Superior organization skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams and oversee execution of numerous projects at one time
• Exposure to working with creative teams and senior management
• Strong client relations skills and ability to strategically think from a client’s perspective
• Ability to think conceptually and to translate those concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
• Entrepreneurial approach to finding and securing new opportunities
• Proven experience in construction of marketing programs and exposure to contract negotiations for marketing programs
• Branded entertainment, entertainment marketing and knowledge of product placement
Ideal Candidate Should Demonstrate:
• A desire to learn and jump in on new projects
• Inherent passion for entertainment
• Entrepreneurial approach to working
• Natural leadership ability and skills
• Desire to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Sense of confidence and presence in their communication and presentation styles
• Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines
• Direct, clear and effective communications style
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Creative disposition
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (http://www.sparkfoundryww.com/).
Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.