Software Engineer, .Net Developer
- Chicago, IL, USA
Starcom USA (http://www.starcomww.com/markets/united-states/) is a world-renowned media communications agency that architects connected human experiences in the one-to-one era of marketing. With more than 1,300 employees in the U.S., Starcom gets the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results in partnership with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Allstate, Bank of America, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom USA is part of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris: FR0000130577], one of the world’s leading communications groups.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Starcom's Architecture and Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer who will be an essential team member in the design, development, implementation, and on-going support of software projects and platforms for our Advanced Analytics and Insights Departments. The position will be comprised of both development and planning tasks. The Software Engineer must be able to act as an outstanding member in a team of software developers as well as develop, review code, and manage releases. Must haves include 2+ years of directly related .Net Development experience (internships count!) and will have a demonstrated ability of managing several ongoing projects and comfortability communicating with clients on a regular basis. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be collaborative, eager to learn and will embrace the day to day variety that comes with being an integral part of a tech-forward media agency and will be natrually excited by the ever-changing landscape of data.
Role Objectives and Responsibilities:
• Experience designing data schemas and analytical data models, and integrating relational databases into Web-based solutions
• Applied experience with marketing data and digital media is highly desirable
• Self-reliant, demonstrated desire to take ownership of projects
• Highly effective communicator, both spoken and written
• Facilitate requirements gathering
• Contribute in multiple projects as architect and creative consultant
• Deep understanding of software architecture principles
• Development of analytically oriented solutions
• Key role in testing and deployment
• Web application development using ASP.NET Web API/MVC 3 or higher
• Persistence layer using Entity Framework 4+ or Entity Framework Core
• Database implementations using SQL Server 2016
• Experience with presentation layer design using generic CSS and Bootstrap required
• Creative visualizations with D3.js a plus
• Experience using .NET Core a bonus
• Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services a plus
• Experience developing in Python, R or SAS programming is a plus
• Deploying “big data” architectures and cloud-based solutions a plus
• Develop new features for the proprietary products
• Work on application maintenance tasks such as bug fixes, performance tuning etc.
• Consistently adhere to established coding standards and also contribute to further refinement on an ongoing basis
• Think through all development tasks associated with features assigned and come up with reliable estimates
• Work closely with Project Management, Technical Architects, and development staff to facilitate the reporting and resolution of errors
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field
• 2+ years experience building web applications using ASP.NET MVC
• Knowledge and experience working on Linux-based systems
• Experience with “big data” technologies – Hadoop, Analytic databases, NoSQL databases etc. a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.