Director of Sport & Entertainment
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe[Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Publicis is launching a brand new Sport & Entertainment division and we’re looking for a Director to lead the team!
The Director will be responsible for launching and leading the Sports & Entertainment practise across ANZ. We are looking for someone who will create and maintain key relationships with our clients, agencies and the sport and entertainment industry.
This role will collaborate cross-functionally with our global network and the Australian Publicis Media Content team to create and deliver new sport and entertainment commercial opportunities by connecting brands and consumers through shared passions and properties.
This role is suited to a candidate at Senior Account Manager or Account Director level looking for the next step up!
- Create, conceptualize and present sport strategies and integrated marketing campaigns aligned to our clients’ media or communications strategy.
- Managing cross functional teams that will deliver campaigns from end to end, being across briefing, response, implementation and deliverables.
- Ensure financials and project revenue are up to date, including profit margins.
- Build a business plan that forecasts revenue, engagement and profitability.
- Lead propositions and projects from end to end delivering revenue and receiving positive feedback from all stakeholders.
- Define the role sport needs to play in the overall communications strategy and how this comes to life via key brand pillars. Brand pillars that latter up to communications strategy, brand strategy/creative platform, any global and local guidelines and audience/category understanding.
Sport & Entertainment Expertise
- Credibility and deep understanding of the sport and entertainment landscape, working with senior level clients and executives across rights holders, publishers, talent and clubs
- Relationships that create new, proprietary, or first mover opportunities with rights holder and our clients
- Create and promote case studies at the completion of each project.
Partner Relations & Management
- Develop key senior and productive relationships within the sport and entertainment landscape
- Understand the importance of working collaboratively internally, with publishers, third party suppliers and sport bodies.
- Build strong relationships with agency brands and PMC in particular Managing Directors, General Managers and directors of content
- Be available to assist on new business pitches where required.
- Provide training opportunities to internal staff to grow capabilities and understanding across the five agency brands and practices.
- Provide thought leadership at internal or industry events.
- Be an ambassador for Publicis Media Sport & Entertainment and provide specialist advice to clients where required alongside the client teams.
- Be unafraid to challenge traditional thinking and approaches, where necessary
- Understand our client’s brands and how best to articulate them in sport and entertainment adhering to brand guidelines
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An established Senior Manager or Account Director with previous industry experience within the Sport & Entertainment space who is looking for the next challenge
- Excellent knowledge of the ANZ Sports landscape
- A passion for sports and entertainment
What we can provide to you:
• Access to leading edge tools and global thinkers
• Work in a positive, diverse and optimistic culture
• Access to everyone regardless of title
• And all of the amazing perks; free yoga class, regular social events, flexible hours and birthday leave to name a few!
** Due to a high level of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.