Manager, Media Operations
- Chicago, IL, USA
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT SPARK FOUNDRY
Let’s be honest – in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here is the bottom line: we want YOU to join us if you are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Spark Foundry, we have a unique approach and provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Spark Foundry is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
The Manager, Media Operations will provide strategic direction regarding media contract related questions and issues. The role will require regular interaction with Spark Foundry media team members ranging from junior level planners/buyers through executive leadership. Further, this role will also interact with numerous digital media vendors to ensure proper terms and conditions (Ts&Cs) are in place prior to media buy execution.
More specifically, this role oversees terms and conditions management in the insertion order system, providing guidance to digital buying teams, negotiating deviations to standard business terms with digital vendors, consulting legal as necessary, connecting with Publicis Media (PM) Contract Operations Team, and educating and training digital teams (sharing best practices, socializing guidelines).
The PM Media Operations Team ensures strong contracts are in place, which helps reduce the risk of media executions running out of compliance and effectively protects clients and agencies in the event that they do.
Contract Operations supports digital buying teams, and continues to build and educate contract expertise across the network.
• Maintain Prisma Supplier lists for agency
• Update Terms & Conditions in Prisma
o Check weekly for GDPR language updates
o Upload custom content Insertion Order (IO) Notes that go beyond character limit of Additional Information field in Prisma
• Work with Publicis and Mediaocean to enhance Ts&Cs module in Prisma
• Provide guidance to media teams on how to handle various types of vendor resistance to our agency’s terms
• Review and approve IO Notes on business terms (e.g., tracking, reporting, flighting, etc.) for digital media
• Route legal term modifications from vendors and vendor NDAs to ReSources legal
o Work with ReSources legal if client needs to sign waiver for beta product
• Route custom content programs to Business Affairs
• Route questions on centrally managed ad tech/data/research partners to Precision Partnerships
• Review and provide guidance on vendor riders (e.g., SOWs, Order Forms, Letters of Intent, Third Party Access Agreements, Platform Agreements, Research Agreements, Upfront Commitment Agreements, Billing Addendums, etc.)
• Join PM Contract Operations Team status calls to represent Spark Foundry
• Escalate issues to PM Contract Operations
• Adhere to Contract Operations playbook
• Develop agency specific processes
• Educate media teams related to Contract Operations
• Provide relevant Contract Operations updates to agency as needed
• Support Client Media Operations teams, as needed, in maintaining their client specific Ts&Cs
• Provide guidance on our Ts&Cs with vendors to media teams to relay to clients raising questions
• Review any client specific Ts&Cs/IO Notes to ensure they are more aggressive than our agency standards
• Instruct on using standard pass through language as Ts&Cs if buy has client/vendor agreement govern
• Route client Master Service Agreement (MSA) questions to ReSources legal
• Candidate must be operations savvy
• 4-6 years related experience
• Proficient with OX / Prisma system
• Digital media process knowledge across planning, buying, implementation, optimization, reporting and various types of technologies
• Knowledge of various digital campaign types; platform, data, social, custom content, native, influencers, UGC, contests and sponsorships
• Experience in digital media teams and, ideally, media operations teams
• Strong leadership and management capabilities, both operationally (to ensure that tasks are completed on time and accurately) as well as strategically (to ensure that guidance is given to all teams on how to execute buys with the proper terms and conditions governing
• Ability to work closely with senior agency leadership and account leadership to provide strategic Contract Operations direction to account teams and clients
• Cultivate excellent relationships with other Contract Operations Leads, legal and Business Affairs
• A people person with ability to communicate at all levels who will have various levels of digital knowledge
WHO WE ARE
Throughout our rich history, we’ve taken pride in our ongoing legacy of and commitment to constant evolution. It’s in our DNA to evolve.
By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands – the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuels our startup spirit, while the unrivaled marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities we have at our disposal as a full-service Publicis Media agency deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
We hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about us, and to begin thinking about how we might put “the power of plus” to work for you (http://www.sparkfoundryww.com/).
Spark Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.