Software Development Engineer Test SDET
- New York, NY, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of six global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449, Performics, and Sapient powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
Data Sciences is a centralized global practice within Publicis Media, the media-centric solutions hub of Publicis Groupe. Data Sciences drives transformation across Publicis Media’s global agency brands via the provision of a scalable and consistent approach to data and technology. Data Sciences is powered by a leading, global data/tech platform; best-in-class technology management and consultancy services; unified workflow solutions; differentiated products and client solution stacks; and strategic oversight of all major data and technology partnerships. Home to over 700 engineers, data architects, consultants, product managers and a robust project management operation, Data Sciences helps scale innovation worldwide.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
An application SDET that will be a primary tester for our suite of data driven web applications. This position calls for UI and code automation as well as robust exploratory testing. Our software is very data-focused which calls for a tester that is comfortable in both web applications as well as data warehousing and reporting solutions.
Your day to day will include:
- Be a primary application and data tester for high profile web based data driven products
- Develop automated tests against both the application and data layers.
- Work with application developers to build testability and quality assurance practices into our processes
- Discover high severity and high priority bugs early in projects.
- Perform detailed problem isolation to fully understand application behavior
- Report defects and risks concisely and completely
- Work closely with product management, project management, and engineering toward the reporting and resolution of errors
- Understand complex business rules in both the application and data real
- Initiative, inquisitiveness, diligence and humor
- 3 years performing manual and automated testing on complex systems
- Solid written communication skills
- 2 years testing web applications
- 2 year writing T-SQL
- 2 years writing C#, Java or Python
- Demonstrated success writing automation against a web UI with a 3rd party test framework (WATiN, Selenium, WinRunner, WebAii, or other major platform)
- BS in computer science or an additional 3 years of software QA experience
- Proficiency testing against the following languages and technologies: ASP.NET, HTML, JQuery, SQL, ETL (SSIS or other)
Nice if you also have:
- Experience in Scrum project management
- Experience in enterprise reporting solutions
- Experience in OLAP
- Experience load testing
- Experience in virtualization
- Experience in cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
- Advertising/Marketing experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.