Database Engineer, Data Sciences
- New York, NY, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
A Database Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and on-going support of a data driven software platform. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, including both enhancements as well as new project development. The candidate must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality and professionalism.
Your day to day will include:
- Analyze business requirements and partner with product team to provide a strategic solution
- Collaborate with front end engineers to design or modify schema for optimal software performance
- Advanced database administration and development including stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers and ETL packages as well as security and roles
- Optimization and tuning of existing T-SQL stored procedures to improve performance
- Troubleshoot database issues, identify root causes, and implement optimal solutions
- Extract, transform, and load data from multiple data sources using ETL tools such as SSIS or Talend
- Design, Build, Test, Debug, Monitor, and Troubleshoot ETL and software processes
- Recommend solutions to existing or anticipated issues
- Follow implementation standards
- Serve as an escalation point for any issues that may arise
- Design testing requirements and prepare test plans and test modules
- Develop documentation and transfer of knowledge
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or its equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with ETL and databases
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ experience with SSIS or Talend
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with complex processing logic
- Experience with Business Intelligence software
- Excellent data modelling skills and experience working with multiple datasets
- Possession of strong communication and presentation skills as well as an analytical mindset
- Good problem solving and testing skills
- Advanced T-SQL programming skills (stored procedures, functions, etc.)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop (Hive) and MPP
- Possess a desire to work for a fast-paced, results-based company
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.