Paid Search Account Director
- London, UK
Performics are an industry leading performance marketing agency. We are part of the Publicis Groupe and operate as the performance marketing arm for Publicis Media's four global brands (Starcom, Zenith, Mediavest | Spark and Optimedia | Blue 449) as well as for our direct clients. We have offices in 57 countries with over 2,400 employees worldwide. Twitter: @performics
Who are Performics?
You’re looking for the next step in your career so it’s important to be sure that the next agency you join is a good match for you. We’re here to tell you that if you’re an ambitious, driven person with a passion for performance marketing, that agency is Performics. And here’s why.
We’ve got great clients
You can’t be a great Performance Marketing agency without great clients that work in partnership with you to deliver fantastic, innovative campaigns that drive results. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the world’s biggest brands, including RBS, Toyota, Oracle, Rolex and Aviva.
We’re award winning
Our work has been recognised by our industry peers as being market leading, reflected in our numerous successes at the UK and European search awards and the Performance marketing awards.
We’re nice people
With over 300 Performance Marketing professionals in our UK and EMEA teams, we have one of the biggest teams in the UK. Having so many specialists in one place means it’s a great place to learn from your peers and everyone is keen to share their knowledge. Plus, with hobbies ranging from Parkour to Pub quizzes, we’re full of interesting characters!
We help our people flourish
Clients want to work with happy and motivated people. We have a superb Talent team, helping the agency recruit, develop and retain the industry's best talent. We're constantly striving to create a winning culture and we're delighted that 91% of our people would recommend us as a great place to work.
Working on Samsung, one of the agencies flagship accounts, this role focuses on delivering best in class campaign execution, optimisation and analysis for one of the leading consumer electronics brands in the world, a long-established Starcom client and an award-winning search account.
You will be working alongside a team of ten other Paid Search professionals to help develop the account strategy and growth plans across a number of different divisions (mobile, tablets, wearables, TV, Domestic appliances etc) in the UK to help ensure business targets are achieved.
You will be responsible for a team of 5 (1 AMs, 3 senior execs & 1 exec) so previous line management is essential. The successful candidate will be reporting into a Biddable Business Director and will be part of the wider Biddable team of circa 120 people.
This is an incredibly faced paced and dynamic client which offers a varied role above and beyond a traditional PPC AD role.
Core responsibilities of the role are:
- Driving account performance and innovation across the brands’ portfolio
- Being first point for contact for the client
- Provide strong leadership and inspiration for the team and clients
- Be responsible for the output of the team, ensuring all deliverables meet the standard expected of our Search proposition
- Ensure appraisals and weekly catchups are taking place
- Liaise with 3rd party tools provider to get the best value and training for the team
- Creating strategy and detailed plans including multi markets budget proposals from briefs provided both from clients and internal client servicing teams.
- Contribute to Senior Management team initiatives with ideas and new processes when required
- Assess new technology partners and test relevant ones
- Working on new business projects when required.
- Writing award entries and demonstrating our cutting edge work
We are looking for an enthusiastic and bright candidate, with a strong passion for all things digital and the drive to establish a successful career in media. We are looking for candidates with ideally solid experience in Paid Search. This role offers a great opportunity to develop line management skills. Passion for digital, an open mind and an ability to work well with people are a must.
Pre-requisites for the role are:
- Experience within a large scale agency
- Experience working on fast paced / dynamic clients
- Solid experience running complex PPC campaigns
- Proven experience with bid management tools
- Experience in managing a team of 3+ people and conducting team appraisals
- Experience in driving innovation in PPC
- Advanced knowledge of Google’s Adwords, especially tracking features and integration with Google Analytics (a pass on Google Advertising Fundamentals, Search Advanced and GAIQ exams is required)
- Proven experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics or Adobe
- Strong leadership, communication skills and ability to engage with planning teams and also brand leaders at the client side
- Confident with agency experience
- Be solution driven and innovative with how they drive performance from their accounts
- Be strategic and commercially minded in planning their goals for their teams as well as being able to shape and develop a brand search strategy
- Good knowledge of all digital elements so they can have full understanding of digital – SEO, display, remarketing, video etc
- Experience running retail / ecom campaigns including the use of PLAs & Critteo
- Previous experience in tech or telco industries
- Experience with new business pitches and knowledge of how a business operates
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Very strong communications skills
- A proactive attitude to find and suggest solutions rather than report on problems.
- A self-starter and a team player
- Commercially minded and with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to develop & learn new processes
- Diligent, with keen attention to detail