Biddable Account Director (PPC & Paid Social)
- London, UK
At Performics, we bring together the best and the brightest of the digital realm to decipher data, uncover stories, and understand why consumers do what they do. The Performics world features math whizzes, storytellers, strategists and creators, and is a place you can grow professionally, take advantage of bespoke training opportunities and cultivate your own career path. Formatted:Indent:Before:0"As the original performance marketing agency, we convert consumer intent into revenue for the world’s most admired brands. Across a global network operating in 57 countries worldwide, we create connected and personalized digital experiences across paid, earned and owned media. RECMA recognized Performics as one of their Top Digital Agency Networks of 2014. Headquartered in Chicago, Performics is a Publicis Media company. To learn more, visitwww.performics.com.
The Biddable Account Director is a key role in the team and the successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, guidance and support to the team and be responsible for the output of all Paid Search and Paid Social activity.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on an incredibly fast paced and dynamic client – FCA Group.
The FCA group consists of a number of well-known car brands such as Fiat, Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Maserati, Fiat Professional & Fleet.
We are looking for either a Biddable Account Director in Search of a new challenge or an Account Manager looking to take a step up. This is one of Starcom’s key clients and therefore has a high profile within the agency. FCA is relatively new to the agency and we are looking for someone to take ownership of the account and for someone to put their own stamp on it.
The Biddable Account Director will head up a team of 5 (2 AMs, 2 senior execs & 1 exec) and the successful candidate will lead, inspire and develop the more junior members of the team, in order to deliver best-in-class PPC strategy and activation.
This role will feed into the Biddable Business Director and will work alongside the wider team of 120 Biddable specialists.
Core responsibilities of the role are:
- Act as strategic lead for all PPC accounts
- Owning client relationships and being the first point of contact
- Ensure integration between planning teams and Biddable team
- Work closely with other BD, Heads of dept and ADs to contribute towards departmental initiatives and new business pitches
- Driving account performance and innovation across the brands’ portfolio
- Manage and lead the client relationship
- Provide strong leadership and inspiration for the team and clients
- Manage and lead the team, be responsible for the output of the team, ensuring all deliverables meet the standard expected of our Search proposition
- Responsible for team appraisals
- Liaise with 3rd party tools provider to get the best value and training for the team
- Creating strategy and detailed plans including multi markets budget proposals from briefs provided both from clients and internal client servicing teams.
- Contribute to Senior Management team initiatives with ideas and new processes when required
- Working on new business projects when required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and bright candidate, with a strong passion for all things digital and the drive to establish a successful career in media. We are looking for candidates with experience in Paid Social, who are looking to expand their knowledge into Biddable role. This role offers a great opportunity to develop line management skills. Passion for digital, an open mind and an ability to work well with people are a must.
Pre-requisites for the role are:
- Solid experience running complex Google, Facebook and Bing campaigns.
- Proven experience with bid management tools
- Experience in managing a team of 3+ people and conducting team appraisals
- Experience in driving innovation in PPC
- Advanced knowledge of Google’s Adwords, especially tracking features and integration with Google Analytics (a pass on Google Advertising Fundamentals, Search Advanced and GAIQ exams is required)
- Proven experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics or Adobe
- Strong leadership, communication skills and ability to engage with planning teams and also brand leaders at the client side
- Confident with agency experience
- Be solution driven and innovative with how they drive performance from their accounts
- Be strategic and commercially minded in planning their goals for their teams as well as being able to shape and develop a brand search strategy
- Good knowledge of all digital elements so they can have full understanding of digital – SEO, display, remarketing, video etc
- Experience with new business pitches and knowledge of how a business operates
- Previous experience with automotive clients
- Experience with direct response
- Knowledge of, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Very strong communications skills
- A proactive attitude to find and suggest solutions rather than report on problems.
- A self-starter and a team player
- Commercially minded and with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to develop & learn new processes
- Diligent, with keen attention to detail