Software Engineer RUN (React Ruby)
- New York, NY, USA
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
About Publicis RUN:
RUN, a global tech platform owned by Publicis leverages its proprietary cross-device analytics, targeting and activation to deliver superior performance for marketers including Samsung, T-Mobile and P&G. Analyzing gigabytes of data per hour, RUN is an in-house platform within Publicis Media. We are dedicated to leveraging the most cutting-edge technologies and are passionate about Spark ML, React, Ruby on Rails and C++.
About the opportunity:
RUN’s product engineering team is a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to deliver our global tech platform. We are hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our result-oriented, low-ceremony software team that values cross-functional collaboration and adaptability. Right now we are looking for an accomplished Engineer to help lead the charge for our current project which includes performing a full rewrite of the web portal that supports a 100-person programmatic advertising business, using Ruby on Rails and React.
- Model, architect, and implement server-side application functionality in a complex business domain
- Communicate and collaborate with non-technical stakeholders including product leads and end-users
- Embrace agile development practices such as unit-testing, code reviews, and continuous integration
- Work closely with other team members, using retros, one-on-ones, and other practices, to hone a positive team culture that fosters individual development while also meeting organizational goals
We are looking for a talented team member who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- 3 years of experience programming server-side applications using Ruby on Rails is a must, React is a plus
- High energy level and desire to contribute in a collaborative team environment
- Autonomously own feature development and delivery, working either by yourself or with another programmer
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Experience programming single-page applications, especially using React
- Experience using MongoDB in both transactional and reporting use-cases
- Experience designing APIs
- Digital marketing and advertising domain knowledge
Got the goods? We would love to hear from you!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.