Software Engineer RUN Team Bidder
- New York, NY, USA
About Publicis Media:
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
About Publicis RUN:
RUN, a global tech platform owned by Publicis leverages its proprietary cross-device analytics, targeting and activation to deliver superior performance for marketers including Samsung, T-Mobile and P&G. Analyzing gigabytes of data per hour, RUN is an in-house platform within Publicis Media. We are dedicated to leveraging the most cutting-edge technologies and are passionate about Spark ML, React, Ruby on Rails and C++.
We are built on the foundation of Trust, Talent, Transformation:
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave. We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our clients business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
We seek a full-stack Software Engineer to collaboratively construct a robust platform for our high throughput, low latency distributed and decisioning systems that operate at scale with an emphasis on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. The mission is to create and operate elegant software and systems that power Publicis Media’s real-time media activation platform. The ideal Engineer will be passionate about C++, C++11, C++14 and C++17 as well as Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI. You will contribute to bringing a host of new features to the language and standard library.
Your day to day will include:
- Participation in the full software development life cycle
- The creation of elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our business partners and advertisers, and putting on your product manager hat to provide solutions to solve those problems
- Coding in C++
- Deep understanding of the business ecosystem, identifying problems, and create solutions for businesses
- Testing, validating, and deploying to production
- Contribution to the Open Source project
- Writing documentation and running presentations
- Collaboration across teams, both inside and outside of engineering, including working closely with the product management and product engineering teams to define and refine feature specifications
- Analyzing and improving the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company
- The ongoing study and leverage of emerging technology (AI, Machine Learning, NLP, Databases, Containers) to provide technical competitive advantage
- Excellent C++ development skills or other programming language you are passionate about such as Ruby, Java or Python
- Strong experience in multithreaded programming
- Excellent understanding of data structures and object-oriented design is must
- Experience with real-time server side development is highly desired
- Maturity to lead projects from conception to delivery
- Experience in TCP/UDP network programming
- Experience with network and browser debugging tools
- Knowledge of OSI stack
- Knowledge and experience with SQL/NoSQL
- Knowledge and experience with test frameworks (Jenkins, CircleCI and Google test)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.