Associate Director, Brand Planning
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, American Cancer Society, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Chick-fil-A, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Cisco Systems.
We are looking for a Planning Director to work across a mix of industries ranging from banking, travel, retail, and CPG. It's a fantastic opportunity for a more seasoned Planner with strong writing and speaking skills who thrives in a dynamic, forward-thinking environment. We believe in redefining how Planning is leveraged across brands and clients. We are firmly and strongly anchored in brand excellence, with an eye towards how to engage humans and their behaviors to advance brands in today’s world.
You are a problem solver at heart - someone who wants to dig into data and marry business strategy, consumer insights and behaviors to drive powerful solutions for clients’ brands. We believe that stories begin from the earliest research stage through creative development, communication planning and campaign evaluation. At the core of this role is the ability to glean and share human insights, a voracious curiosity, a collaborative nature and the ability to inspire strong, compelling ideas.
You will be an integral part of a small, dynamic growing team. We expect you to be able to quickly jump in, pivot and adapt as needed in different situations. As a Planner, we see your role as being the connective tissue among our many disciplines, driving ideas and shaping them for the best possible outcome for our clients.
We are a different kind of agency. We encourage Moxie’rs/MRY’ers to challenge us to implement, execute and communicate in ways that will continue to set MOXIE/MRY above the rest.
What we look for in our candidates:
He/She/They need to be relentlessly curious and able to deftly tap into the rich and multifaceted world around us.
An active imagination is a core requisite, married to a strong ability to weave intriguing stories and craft inspiring communication.
Ability to hold their own in front of clients, with poise, exhibiting a high degree of both strategic and business
An independent thinker comfortable with autonomy and willing/able to grab the mantle and run with it.
What does a day in the life look like for you?
- Orchestrate brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity in concert with the creative and account management teams to establish game-changing, marketing-forward ideas. You will work for either one account with multiple brands underneath, or you will work on multiple brands across different accounts
- Truly collaborate with groups of clients, account managers and creative in the development of inspiring creative briefs that translate insights into innovative and strategic campaign strategies. You will be seen as their trusted advisor in all things brand and business.
- Work with our Intelligence team to develop and implement powerful primary qualitative and quantitative research designs to uncover relevant social and cultural intelligence that address client business issues and gain deep insights into target audiences’ attitudes and behaviors
- Understand and define cultural, technological and social trends and their impact on consumer attitudes, behavior and perceptions
- Maintain a working understanding of opportunities, research methodologies and intelligence analysis to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our client business
- Utilize the standardized planning tools to foster consistency over time and across projects
- Encourage proactivity, creativity and collaboration between the planning and creative teams to ensure the sharing of work and innovative thinking
- You will oversee a group of smart Brand Planners whom you will develop and mentor
What we’d love for you to bring to the table:
- 7-8+ years in in brand strategy/planning, marketing consulting, advertising, or interactive marketing
- Experience is managing, developing junior talent and a desire to do so
- The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to explore all available resources to think outside the box
- Zealous passion for rolling up your sleeves to bring ideas to life with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with various departments at their busiest moments
- An expertise in data sources, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and a keen eye of when and how to apply them to client challenges
- A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery
- Excellent written and verbal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.