Senior Software Engineer Spine
- New York, NY, USA
Part of Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), Publicis Spine was established in 2017 to serve the data and analytics and technology needs of Publicis Groupe agencies and their clients. Its mission is to grow clients’ businesses through the transformative application of data and is the home to Publicis Groupe’s proprietary technology platform, Publicis PeopleCloud. It includes a consistent, transparent, best-in-class approach to data, analytics solutions, partnerships and technology via a closely joined network of engineers, technology experts, product designers, analysts and data scientists all empowering marketing and digital business transformation.
Our global platform is Publicis PeopleCloud. It starts with a simple principle: the more we know about people, the more we can drive brand growth by converting people at scale. Publicis PeopleCloud is an end-to-end platform that organizes data into Publicis IDs, integrating 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data and using machine learning to match cookies, devices, and offline behaviors to actual people, in a privacy-compliant manner. Aggregating these IDs provides a basis for growth planning, building audiences, creating content, managing and measuring consumer campaigns. The platform sits within the Publicis Spine and supports the full spectrum of marketing transformation and digital business transformation for our clients.
The Spine seeks an accomplished full-stack Senior Software Engineer to collaboratively construct a robust web platform for researching, planning, and executing advertising campaigns. Using Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, and other technologies, the successful Engineer will work with Product and Design teams to implement a feature-rich, elegant, well-tested application interface and drive our business. Our platform is currently being used by major Fortune 500 companies, and you will be an integral part of a team representing a major line of business for Publicis Groupe, a 90-year-old global advertising company with billions of dollars in revenue based in Paris, France. The right Engineer will help lead our team toward becoming a world-class technology organization through effective processes and implementation.
We are looking for a talented team member who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- B.S. Computer Science, related engineering or math/science field, or equivalent work experience and knowledge of problem solving fundamentals
- Good comfort level with MVC frameworks, especially Ruby on Rails
- Employing test driven development techniques
- The use of object oriented patterns and best practices
- Embracing Agile development practices
- Writing readable, maintainable, expressive code
- Ability to explain advantages and tradeoffs of a solution or decision
- Empathy, you are a team player and thoughtful communicator
Bonus if you have experience in and enjoy:
- Data visualizations with d3.js
- Ad tech or digital marketing experience
- Github, AWS, Slack
- Angular2, TypeScript
- MongoDb, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Rspec, Capybara
- AB testing and metrics
- Data analytics, machine learning
- Entrepreneurial and start-up spirit
Got the goods? We would love to hear from you.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.