Media Investment Assistant
- Toronto, ON, Canada
The Media Investment Assistant is an important member of the Investment team. This is an entry-level position with in-depth training and on-the job experience to succeed in the media buying field. The candidate will work in a team environment and will learn to negotiate and buy media in relation to client specific campaign objectives and the overall competitive landscape in TV, OLV & Radio.
The media assistant needs to be analytical, math proficient and organized with great attention to detail. The candidate should also be inquisitive and a fast learner and be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to meet required deadlines.
Assist in approved executions – TV, Radio & OLV
o Work with media vendors regarding tactical aspects of the media buy, to assist in facilitating information and answering questions for the buyers.
o Manage contracts/ insertion orders and any resulting revisions with media vendors
o input broadcast/OLV media buys
o actualize media spending
· Assist with financials
o Clearing of invoices
· Assist in developing reports in Powerpoint & Excel – routine & custom reports
· Usage of all media related systems
o Media management - DDS, OLV buying platform
o Media Research - nLogic
Characteristics of Successful Investment Assistant
· Strong analytical, math and computer skills
· Detailed oriented & well organized with multi-tasking skills
- Perseverance & tenacity
- Team player
- Accountable with ability for project management and update
- Sound communication skills; both written and verbal
Required Skills, Experience and Education
· Minimum of Associate Degree in Media, Bachelor’s degree a plus/preferred
· Track record of success throughout post-secondary career and previous employment
· Strong analytical & math proficiency skills
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Technical proficiency, particularly with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
· Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate work product
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.