Civil Engineering Manager
- Glendale, CA, USA
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is looking for a Civil Engineering Manager to review and manage Civil Engineering activities associated with the development and redevelopment of company facilities on a national basis. We are looking for a high energy “Can Do” individual that enjoys a fast pace and dynamic environment to manage a wide array of challenging projects across the United States.
- Perform detailed reviews of civil engineering plans including drainage and hydrology calculations, surveys, topography, geotechnical, utilities and progress documents prepared by consultants.
- Provide feedback and direction from outcome of plan reviews.
- Review and provide feedback on conceptual site plans and grading concept plans for means and methods and value engineering options.
- Review and evaluate national, regional and local civil engineering consultants for quality of work product and adherence to company design standards and details.
- Participate in strategy evaluation of civil consultant teams for execution and design of site improvements.
- Provide feedback and updates to details and design criteria for site and civil improvements.
- Travel to and perform inspections of work in place and develop punch lists for site work on developments and redevelopments.
- Provide initial site design feedback for ADA accessibility, ingress/egress, grading, drainage, utilities and site layout coordination to aid in the site design process.
- Perform takeoffs and quantity estimates from conceptual grading plans for use in establishing preliminary estimates and opportunities for value engineering.
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines. Demonstrated ability to gain insight into complex situations through careful analysis and develop actionable recommendations. Has the ability to evaluate and make appropriate judgements regarding risks and opportunities.
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Professional demeanor and the ability to develop strong cross functional relationships between internal and external business partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively interface with all levels of staff (Corporate and field). Ability to work independently and in team situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill; strong organizational, reasoning and technical skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license highly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Civil Engineering and experience in detailed review of engineering calculations and or design.
- 5+ years of experience with multiple jurisdictions and agencies such as utilities, water districts, flood control and public works.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.