Software Engineer (Client)
- San Francisco, CA
PubNub is a globally distributed Data Stream Network, a cloud service that developers use to build and scale realtime applications. We power hundreds of millions of devices with billions of monthly realtime transactions in social apps, online auctions, multi-player games, financial services, telecom infrastructure, and e-commerce. PubNub is also used as the communication backbone of many Internet of Things (IoT) solutions including home automation, connected car, retail, and manufacturing. We’re an all-star technical team comprised of folks who have been part of successful acquisitions in enterprise and consumer software companies. If you like hyper-scale systems and engineering projects that redefine limits, PubNub is for you.
Our HQ is in SoMa at the heart of San Francisco, extremely commuter friendly for BART, Caltrain, and MUNI.
We are looking for exceptional engineers to use creative thinking and raw innovation to drive the development of multiple aspects of the PubNub’s client engineering team. The team oversees all of the client offerings at PubNub including:
- Developing over 75 SDK’s in 15+ languages.
- Creating innovative documentation tooling and presentation methods
- Building out BLOCKS Catalog and BLOCKS tooling
- Handling customer integrations and implementations.
- Creating networking monitoring tools.
- A lot more; come talk to us and we’ll tell you more.
- Work collaboratively with product management and other stakeholders to drive the architecture and design of various next-gen public offerings of PubNub SDK’s and documentation.
- Champion adherence to best-practice development methodologies across the entire team and public PubNub offerings.
- Facilitate automated testing so teams can innovate at a rapid pace while delivering extremely high quality.
- Interview, mentor, listen-to, and collaborate with other engineers.
omeone that can not only build software
but explain its implementation to our customers.
have strong opinions but are not tied to a specific framework or technology.
To be specific, a strong candidate would have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in enterprise grade software.
- Expertise in both web and server-side development.
- Strong software design skills with deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns.
- Expert knowledge of best practice software development methodologies and coding standards.
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge in Java, Go, or Ruby
- Fluent in Python.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and security (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS etc).
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently on complex problems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Previous experience with Test Driven Development with heavy use of unit testing frameworks.
- Previous start-up or small company experience preferred.
Bonus: Apply by sending us some code that uses PubNub to create a creative "Hello World" realtime application. We promise that everyone who applies and includes working code will get a response.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.