Senior Software Engineer - Big Data with Optimization
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) delivers superior revenue to publishers by being an SSP of choice for agencies and advertisers. PubMatic’s cloud infrastructure platform for digital advertising empowers app developers and publishers to increase monetization while enabling media buyers to drive return on investment by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has been expanding its owned and operated global infrastructure and continues to cultivate programmatic innovation. PubMatic operates 14 offices and eight data centers worldwide.
PubMatic BigData Engineering group is responsible for building scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available & awesome big data platform handling PB’s of data across hundreds of millions of users that is behind PubMatic Analytics (Refer:http://www.pubmatic.com/analytics.php) for various analytics offerings. We work with large data volume flowing daily in PubMatic data centers in various geographies & build platform that ingest & process to perform reporting & analytics both real-time & batch for our internal & external customers.
We are looking for Sr. Staff responsible for delivering key solutions & major components of our data platform specific to the areas of high volume data ingestion & real-time processing.
- Design, manage, innovate the Big Data platform, big data infrastructure, and big data workflow at PubMatic, scaling to 10PB in size, across multiple data centers, geographies and time zones.
- Optimization, with Rapid Library, Scala, Spark & Data Processing
- You will be responsible to lead and participate in innovation, design and development of automated optimization of SQL and Big Data workloads running on-premise
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- 4+ years coding experience in Java, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design, and creation of architectural specifications.
- 3+ years contributing to R&D and production deployments of large backend systems, with at least 2 years supporting big data use cases.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing data processing pipelines with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, YARN, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Avro, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses.
- Proven experience in handling at least 1-2 complex Big Data projects
- Expertise handling Hadoop Ecosystems on Linux platform
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Recent experience in working with Startups is highly preferred.
- Experience in handling Engineering escalations from customers will be preferred
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels
- Strong operational and project management skills in a product development environment
- Minimum experience: 5 years
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as maternity/paternity leave, stock options, family healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.