- Aundh, Pune, MH, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our data centers need a Network Engineer to manage and support them. The Network Engineer will be responsible for network implementations, monitoring, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. This role is based out of Pune, India and the position may require some travel to Data Centers on the US east coast, US west coast as well as in EMEA and APAC.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks
- Configure BGP transit and private peering
- Configure and manage OSPF routing
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (Domestic or International)
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs)
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance
- Research new tools and network technologies
- Manage service requests and support tickets
- Possibility of travel to data centers (10-15% per year)
- Working on shift as per company policy and team requirement
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements
- 4 years with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering
- 4 years’ experience with Juniper Enterprise or Service Provider Routers and TOR EX switches
- 4 years’ experience with 10G, 40G, LACP, MPLS, SFP (+), single-mode/multi-mode fiber
- 4 years’ experience with network-based ACL’s, policy-based routing, VPN, and firewall management
- 4 years’ experience with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching
- 1-3+ years’ experience with Fortinet and ASA firewalls
- 1.5+ years’ hands-on experience on network gears (switches; routers; firewalls; load balancer) including cabling and other physical activities
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication.
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Works well with a diverse team
- Has experience working in an environment that has a global data center footprint
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking, and cabling of network equipment as needed
- Needs to be a go-getter with a can-do attitude
- JNCIE/CCIE or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack
- Operational experience with flow-based technologies
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.