Sales Director, Ecommerce
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Senior Sales Director, Ecommerce is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic, reporting to the Audience GTM team. We are looking for an individual whose experience in working with Ecommerce brands has given them a keen understanding of how to leverage first-party data assets, especially first-party shopper data, for commercialization in a real-time bidding environment. PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access first-party audiences for campaign targeting.
Working out of our SF or New York City office, the role will be tasked with growing our relationships with major ecommerce publishers, data companies, advertisers, and agencies, enhancing their current data and audience monetization strategies, and selling in a new audience and data products to our current partners. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can own the retail strategy and deliver growth to our partner's team and act as a subject-matter expert as needed to our Customer Success and Ad Solutions teams.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise with a platform Ecommerce business (payments, targeting, attribution) and understands the digital agency landscape and overall media ecosystem. She or he enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology.
The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, growth plans for Ecommerce partnerships across key verticle’s such as grocery, fashion, and tech products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in developing new ways to grow demand, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of segmentation strategies and operational requirements for real-time campaign delivery, including tactics such as Audience Extension. The candidate will sell the use of PubMatic’s SSP for on property delivery and Audience Encore solution for audience extension to customers who then enable media campaigns on our platform on behalf of their advertiser/product customers.
- Define and execute account strategies with e-commerce partners, publishers, data companies, advertisers, and agencies
- Be responsible to deliver a quarterly revenue goal tied to individual accounts
- Collaborate with our Ad Solutions team to ensure buyer satisfaction and revenue delivery for all customers
- Develop insights and best practices that can be used to inform product development and create efficiencies for PubMatic and customers
- Travel as necessary in support of business objectives This role is based in New York City but will support sales efforts primarily in the US, and globally as needed.
- 10+ years of related experience in Ecommerce within a platform solution business with a rolodex of senior level decision makers
- Past experience guiding complex deals that may involve collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders, including global components
- Solution oriented: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management, Product Marketing and Audience/Publisher Development teams
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side and buy-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms and ad serving tech
- Superb communicator and service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.