Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an experienced Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team in Redwood City (when we eventually return to the office).
The Senior Finance Analyst, FP&A is responsible for partnering with functional leaders across the organization and support our rapidly growing organization. This key contributor will perform crucial budgeting, forecasting, and analysis to support the company’s financial health and business strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A, this role supports PubMatic’s financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analyses efforts for the Datacenter, Technology & Development, Sales & Marketing, G&A organizations - with occasional support to the GTM FP&A team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset and experience driving business process improvement. In addition, they will have the ability and confidence to work cross functionally, understand and communicate complex concepts, bring business insights, drive change, and produce tangible results. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their work, a fast learner, hardworking, organized, detail-oriented, and ready to make a big impact.
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Partner directly with the Datacenter team to forecast data center capacity and Capex investments
- Assist in all activities leading up to PubMatic’s quarterly Earnings Calls
- Assist in developing and executing the quarterly and annual financial planning processes
- Support business partners with crucial financial metrics and key business analyses
- Prepare executive-grade management reporting (Board of Director presentations, monthly Leadership Team meetings), summarizing findings and recommendations
- Partner with Accounting to perform month-end close activities and help drive process improvements and efficiencies in close process
- Work on special ad hoc projects to support senior management and/or the GTM and other departments
- 3 - 6 years of relevant public and/or private company experience in FP&A and/or, strategic finance and operational reporting, preferably in Digital Advertising, eCommerce or Enterprise SaaS sectors
- Strong financial and operational planning skills
- Proven experience and knowledge of accounting concepts and financial statement construction
- Hands-on, creative approach to financial modeling and building business decision support tools
- Experience with large data set manipulation
- Ability to multi-task effectively while working with cross functional stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and keep pace with deadlines
- Positive attitude and interest to learn new things
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, cohort and regression analysis), Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial systems such as NetSuite, Adaptive Planning, Hyperion, Oracle or SAP
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker or BICS
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.