Programmatic Marketplace Manager
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a Marketplace Manager to join our growing programmatic team in Redwood City.
The Marketplace Manager is an analytical, business-facing role, optimizing auction dynamics across channels. This key contributor drives outcomes for the publisher's perspective on yield management (fill rate, price, revenue), as well as the advertiser's return on their spend (click-through rates, conversions, pricing and win rate).
Working with clients and Customer Success teams, the Marketplace Manager builds optimizing strategies for delivery, scaling from the individual account level to global. Partnered with Product and Engineering, the Marketplace Manager also helps build new marketplace capabilities - setting requirements, defining success, and helping to implement new solutions.
The Marketplace Manager drives communication across stakeholders, often working directly with client executives and PubMatic senior leadership. The successful candidate will exhibit business acumen, technical understanding and the consultative skills required to present recommendations across a range of audiences – all the way to the C-suite.
- Managing auction dynamics to maximize publisher and advertiser satisfaction
- Innovating, developing, and testing new algorithms to improve auction dynamics
- Capturing competitive intelligence
- Optimizing specific publisher accounts to drive improved performance
- Working with media buyers to understand and improve auction performance
- Implementing processes and structure to capture media buyer interest in programmatic direct offers and meeting that interest with relevant supply
- Manage cross-disciplinary projects to create success
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, media, and/or technology
- BS or BA in a quantitative major – i.e. Statistics, Economics, Math or Finance
- Expertise with analytics, product management, and cross-functional project management.
- A demonstrated history of finding solutions with analytics
- Flexible and willing to think strategically and work tactically
- Very strong project management and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passion to learn and willingness to work hard
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight timelines
Nice to Have:
- MBA or other advanced degree with a quantitative focus
- Prior experience working in programmatic ad tech
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity + maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO - that we actually require you to use! And when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks, catered lunches twice a week, and much more.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.