Counsel/Senior Counsel, Commercial & Privacy
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates eleven offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for a self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will serve as a primary point of contact for our East Coast and EU based sales, marketing, customer success, and advertiser solutions teams, working with commercial deals. You will also support privacy compliance and contract issues, including reviewing data processing addendum for commercial teams, EU and California privacy compliance, and working our product and technical teams. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and adaptable enough to learn new practice areas under the supervision of the Company’s General Counsel and support operations as desired.
- Contract/commercial: drafting, negotiation and advising the company’s sales, marketing, business development, vendor, and licensing activities in coordination with business teams around the world.
- Privacy: draft, negotiate and advise the company’s business terms on privacy compliance issues including EU GDPR/ePrivacy, CCPA, and other regulations governing the use of personal data; updating data processing addenda, privacy notices, and cookie policies
- Proactively manage commercial and privacy risks in the digital media/adtech industry while still getting business done.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice and support across a broad spectrum of internal functions, including operations, marketing and HR.
- Create and deliver legal and compliance training to business teams around the world.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form contracts and legal processes.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and member in good standing of the NY/CA bar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (law firm and in house); law firm experience required; in house experience in advertising, technology, adtech, data, or media company preferred
- Strong contract/commercial experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues, data licensing concepts, and ability to issue spot for business risks
- Strong privacy experience, including EU GDPR, ePrivacy Directive/Regulation, CCPA, and other privacy regulations
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively (internally and externally) and close transactions efficiently
- Experience supporting business offices or segments outside the US, in particular the EU
- Great business, risk, and legal judgment and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic with high level of productivity while still maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong personal integrity
- Sense of humor preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.