Senior Software Engineer (C, Linux/Unix)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PubMatic is hiring a senior software engineer an Optimization and Algorithms Engineer who can design and implement next generation highly scalable and low latency ad server features at scale of 100 billion+ requests per day in our AD Server.
If you get excited building applications and architecture to handle 100s of billions of requests per day, managing millions of requests per second with a creative and fast-paced work environment, competitive pay, great incentives, culture of teamwork, smart and friendly colleagues and plenty of opportunity to grow in your career then you should consider applying for this position.
- 3+ years of most recent software development experience in C and Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of scripting Perl/Python/Shell
- Working experience in databases, preferably MySQL
- Working knowledge on how web works, HTTP protocol, cookies, caching, DNS, CDNs, etc.
- Good to have experience on GO language
- Experience troubleshooting issues with existing features in a live production environment
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end product functionality
- Excellent understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in software design and architecture
- Demonstrated ability to self direct and work independently
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.