Team Lead, UI
- Baner Road, Pune, MH, in
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Are you passionate about User Interface? Are you a detail oriented person? Do you take pride in creating responsive and sleek interface? Do you thrive to make a mark in the industry? PubMatic is looking for a User Interface Manager who can lead a team of UI engineers and deliver a best in class user interface in the industry. To be successful in the role, you will need a solid foundation in Computer Science, advanced development and influencing skills, be a natural leader who can rally the team and enable their full potential. You will not only make a major impact to PubMatic but you will also raise the bar in Ad-Tech industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 5+ software developers, mentor them in areas of UI development, architecture and maintenance.
- Engage with cross functional teams like Product, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platforms in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes in PubMatic & work with the UI team to execute.
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high quality standards.
- Plan the UI resources across different PubMatic modules based on the business needs.
- Need to Design the UI solutions & manage the delivery of business-critical features as well as Infrastructure improvement tasks.
- Design and review the UI work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed.
- Improve current UI technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules.
- Follow the PubMatic processes for software development. e.g. Agile ceremonies like scrums
- Plan activities for improving skills within the team.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality of the deliverables of the team members.
- Manage the career growth of the team members.
- 5+ years of experience in UI Technologies.
- Problem solving skills and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Experienced in working and coordinating with cross functional teams like Product, Marketing, UX, QA, Account management, and Backend platform teams in multiple US cities and Pune, India.
- Knowledgeable of REST api patterns and design concerns.
- Knowledgeable of the performance, scalability & security considerations for web applications.
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team.
- Should have been working as Team Lead/Senior Software engineer for the past 2 to 3 years.
- 2+ years of experience in mentoring & managing engineers.
- 2+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques.
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- Finding ways to increase the throughput of the team with innovation & motivation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Experience in handling Engineering escalations from customers will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and innovate, excellent team building and leadership skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels.
- Strong operational and project management skills in a product development environment.
- Experience level: 4 - 8 years.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.