Java Engineering Intern
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring an hourly Java Engineering Intern for an immediate start in Redwood City.
This time commitment for this role is a full 40-hour week.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement the software solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management and platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Design and review the work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate development, QA build and deployment processes
- 1+ years of C/C++ and Java development experience
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks and CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance and scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working in a startup
- Prior experience with managing technical escalations from customers
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.