Operations Manager ( Restaurant )
- Accra - Tema Motorway, Accra, Ghana
A major player in the food/quick service restaurant industry in Africa with presence in Ghana.
Responsible for the operations of company owned restaurants within a designated Area, including the maximization of sales, profits and efficiencies, implementation of marketing programs, attainment of Company operating standards for the customer, operations, facilities, employment practices, coaching, support and development of management and restaurant team members.
Scope and Magnitude of Position:
- Position has direct impact on area revenue
- Number of Restaurants: Maximum 40 stores.
- 40 Restaurant Managers – Indirectly and up to 5 Area Managers- indirectly and directly up to 3 Regional Coaches
- Up to 1000+ Team Members indirectly
- Promote company's principles acting as a role model and providing leadership and coaching on an ongoing basis
- Manage the area in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures including directing the activities of employees in maximizing sales, customer service (GES, ROCC, CHAMPS), operating standards, operating efficiency and profit.
- Assume primary responsibility for the correct implementation of Employee and Customer Safety in restaurants within through monitoring of restaurant performance, enforcing standards, ensuring observance of procedures and allocation of financial resources.
- Direct responsibility for investigating serious incidents and accidents and recommending appropriate corrective actions to Market Manager.
- Ensure all employees are provided with the appropriate training and resources to ensure customer and employee safely.
- Maximize sales and profit through operational excellence, effective implementation of marketing promotions and identifying, recommending and implementing sales growth opportunities, coordinate price changes, alert Market Manager to competitive activities within area and recommend action.
- Ensure effective forecasting and scheduling labour, food costs and other areas of the P&L. Ensure tasks are only undertaken by those employees certified to perform them.
- Oversee restaurant staffing functions and ensure the effective recruitment, selection, training and development of management and team members in conjunction with Human Resources representatives. Use effective Bench Planning to drive optimum management and stability in area.
- Maintain and develop restaurants within the Area to the highest standards of product quality and CHAMPS Standards.
- Recommend and implement action plans to ensure continued progress in all elements of GES and operation excellence (including ROCC).
- Evaluate performance of Restaurant Management in area against established targets. Coach and support individuals to improve performance and meet targets. Ensure achievement of monthly objectives for restaurants within the area.
- Oversee prompt and appropriate resolution of all complaints (inspections by third parties (eg: health inspectors), customers and employees, etc.) within the area. Inform Supervisor of serious matters and other issues that may result in legal action.
- Oversee management training and designated certification, including Developing Champions, Traineeships and Team Member Training.
- Ensure that controls and procedures including but not limited to security and cash control are implemented to protect the security of employees and company funds.
- Ensure that management and staff are aware of company policies and procedures and implement company programs initiated by various departments.
- Other duties as required.
- A completed tertiary qualification focusing on commercial, operations, business or management will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Restaurant or equivalent Retail Manager or in an Above Store Operations position (On or Above Target Balanced Scorecard performance) is essential
- Minimum of 5-6 years overall experience, with emphasis on operations in a retail and/or consumer orientated service industry; preferably in multi-outlet food/quick service restaurant environment is essential.
- Certified at Leading Multiple Restaurants (LMR) preferable.
- Strong leadership, time management and planning skills.
- High work ethic and ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be available on weekends and nights as appropriate to the needs of the business. Fixed working hours are 08:00 to 18:30 weekdays, and 09:00 to 14:00 on Saturdays.
- Travel requirements – 40% to 60% of time / local travel. Some international travel will be required from time to time.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with managing conflict situations and problem solving
- Proven experience in managing a team to deliver results within a highly complex environment
Internal: Human Resources Team, Training Team, Marketing team, Finance Team other Operations and cross functional Staff, departmental support staff all levels
External: Suppliers, Unions, Government and Semi-Government agencies, special interest groups, customers, Restaurant's international community.