HR Manager - Ghana
- Spintex Rd, Accra, Ghana
Position: HR Manager- Manufacturing
Department: HR Resources
Report to: Head of HR
Manage / Supervise: HR officers
To provide support to managers and supervisors in the day-to-day administration of human resource policies and programmes in a Unit
- Visits to factory floor regularly, interact with workers with the view to knowing their problems, be proactive and resolve issues that could lead to down tool by workers.
- Provides support for the review of CBAs by carrying out benefit surveys and participating in negotiations.
- Interprets HR policies and labor legislation to factory managers and supervisors.
- Manages staff leave, prepares annual leave plan, Monitors and enforce implementation of leave plan
- Staff file management, ensure completion, correctness and regular update.
- Prepares monthly human resources report
- Processes applications for loans, salary advances, and other benefits endorsed by supervisor and approved by factory manager.
- Prepares inputs for the monthly payroll.
- Vets pay vouchers prepared by the outsource agencies.
Organization & Jobs Structure
- Liaises with managers and supervisors and prepares job descriptions for newly created jobs and updates organization charts and existing job descriptions.
- Ensures staff appraisal are done for all staff members.
- Provides support to managers and supervisors in the completion of performance assessment forms.
- Gives input in the computation and communication of annual merit increases to employees.
Recruitment & Selection
- Maintains data bank of unsolicited applications from job applicants and keep track of candidates interviewed
- Sources cvs, shortlists applicants, and coordinates interview, selection and placement as required
- Liaises without sourced contractors for replacement or filling new vacancy as required.
- Prepares schedule and coordinates the orientation of newly engaged employees.
- Maintains and monitors staffing levels developed for the factory to ensure strict compliance.
Training & Development
- Liaises with managers and supervisors on the regular identification of training needs of employees.
- Prepares yearly training plans for GMP, Fire drill and Safety committee meeting sessions
- Organizes programmes to facilitate staff development.
- Organizes induction program for all categories of staff
Health & Safety
- Undertakes regular audit of the factory to ensure that health and safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Maintains record of all accidents and conducts investigations into accidents and submits reports on causes and preventive measures to factory management and Head of HR.
- Responsibility for general cleanliness & housekeeping of the factory and surrounding areas.
- Maintains contact with heads of units in the factory, Head of HR, and Corporate Office Accounts Department.
- Maintains contact with employment agencies, Labour union, training service providers and security agencies
Any other duties as required.
- A University Degree in Human Resources is desired
- Minimum of 8-10years in Manufacturing sector and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems environ
Key Competence Factors:
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly build good working relationships at all levels and collaborate effectively with a range of internal/external contacts.
- Displays tact and diplomacy, dealing discreetly with confidential information.
- Displays attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills are critical along with the ability to prioritise workloads and manage time successfully