Head of Maintenance
- Ligali Ayorinde St, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Proten International is a leading international Human Resource and Management Consulting firm which provides a range of Advisory and Transformation solutions. Our focus is to align every organization’s activities relating to People, Process, and Technology closely with its business strategy and vision.
Founded in 2010 in the United Kingdom, we have since expanded across Europe and Africa, serving clients across the public and private sectors and various industries including Banking, Oil and Gas, Insurance, Information Technology, Real Estate, Energy, FMCG, Manufacturing, and many more.
In 2015, we launched our Africa office in Lagos, Nigeria, and have since provided a range of tailored solutions to various organizations.
Our bespoke solutions cut across Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, Outsourcing / Managed Staffing, Enterprise Transformation, Transactional Advisory, and HR Technology.
Over the years, we have worked with a long list of clients both in Europe and Africa.
Lead the execution of the Service, Maintenance, and Repair agenda in the country of operations in order to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as maximize the return on investment. Oversee and give support to the Workshop/Field technicians and Rental teams in order to profitably grow Equipment and Parts’ sales.
Accountability & Responsibility:
Scope of Accountability
- Align action plans, activities, and scope with the Aftersales Strategy set by the Aftersales Manager.
- Execute plans and activities on the Business Unit/Country level.
- Responsible for mentoring the Service Team and instil a vibrant team spirit.
- Responsible for increasing Service revenues through the promotion of different aftermarket products to customers.
- Coordinate with company management team; support After Market, Sales & Rental teams to achieve business objectives.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish a seamless process from commissioning to completion of customer commitments.
- Analyse service reports to assess the performance of all equipment sold by HMD Nigeria, suggest corrective actions to Management to improve reliability.
- Analyse MTTR/MTBF for all equipment connected with TMS on a monthly basis and take corrective measures to ensure the equipment performs in accordance.
- Evaluate RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) prepared by the Service Technicians and provide guidance to customers and give feedback to OEM’s.
- Analyse lubrication oil test reports to assess the condition of equipment and suggest a corrective action plan.
- Develop the service business in the assigned region/area including establishing goals for service-related products and results.
- Meet or exceed established business goals.
- Control costs and maximizes profit levels.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Return On Investment (ROI) of Engineering and Service Activities (Achieved v/s Planned) with emphasis on Cost efficiency and Service Revenue.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Timely Completion of Equipment repairs and tasks.
- 5 years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Country Experience is a major plus; Machinery Experience (or B2B company) is a major plus.
- Strong knowledge of the repair, maintenance, and service of Heavy Equipment and execution.
- Good Maintenance Planning, Prioritizing & Organizing skills, with strong follow-up.
- Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to manage tasks effectively.
- Good and proven people management skills.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills, with the ability to prepare Weekly/Monthly Presentations and Reports.
- Strong computer skills (use of Microsoft Office Products- Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good Negotiation Skills.