- Minna Rd, Minna 920101, Minna, Nigeria
Our client is one of the leading industrial conglomerates in Nigeria with operations across a diverse range of sectors, with manufacturing facilities, trading capabilities and wide distribution networks. The Group comprises of strategically positioned subsidiaries and associate companies principally engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of plastic products, pharmaceutical products, bottled water, milling of steel, assembly, sales and servicing of motor vehicles, and aviation
The maintenance, servicing, installation, and repair of all electrical wiring on equipment. Fault finding & diagnostics to assist the prevention of breakdowns or unexpected downtime of the equipment. Maintain all electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical aspects on equipment covered.
Accountability & Responsibility
Scope of Accountability
- Safe repair, service, and maintenance of equipment as per SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) on maintenance practice after carrying out a Risk Assessment
- Upon completion of the repairs/maintenance to ensure Field/Service reports are completed and signed by the appointed site representative; unused/old parts changed to be returned to the Maintenance Manager
- Identify, document, and report any potential mechanical failures that may occur and action to be taken immediately
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Correct machine deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, and replacing major component assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts, or systems such as power transmissions, drive trains, fuel systems, exhaust and brake systems, steering, and hydraulic systems.
- Complete workshop operations, making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Determine equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and or damaged parts, and recording the data effectively both in reports and job cards.
- Maintain equipment availability by completing preventative maintenance schedules effectively and identifying potential problems early.
- Evaluate service and parts options on machine breakdowns.
- Proactively conduct self-development by challenging yourself, on the job knowledge, and by participating in company educational opportunities and programs (Online and offline training) as well as reading technical publications offered on the equipment and parts.
- Enhance the service department’s reputation and organization by taking ownership of new and different requests and exploring new opportunities to add value to your work.
- Ensure that all Company tools and equipment utilized are correctly signed for, are kept in a good working condition, and are kept secure. Once signed, you will be accountable for the tools and equipment.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn both in the workshop and when in the field.
- Perform housekeeping duties and ensure work area is clean at all time
HND Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or BSc. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar role;
- Country Experience is a major plus
- Strong knowledge of Engineering Processes and Systems – Mechanical, Auto electrics, Hydraulics and Pneumatics and the execution thereof
- Good Planning, Prioritizing, & Organizing skills, with strong Follow-up
- Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to manage tasks effectively
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills, with the ability to prepare Daily/Weekly/Monthly Reports.
- Customer-driven (internal and external).
- Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to the corporate mission.
- Strong personality, able to work independently.