Dev Ops Engineer
- 4601 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. Our suite of software products simplifies the usability of SAP plant maintenance by replacing manual and time-consuming processes. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity and reporting!
DevOps Engineers—as part of the IT and Technology team—are responsible for tooling and infrastructure which support the development, build, test, and CI/CD requirements of the software development team. Administer, manage, and configure key tooling such as source control, issue tracking, build automation, deployment and test servers. Develop and maintain build and deployment pipelines, and work to continuously improve the process by better aligning with industry best practices.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Operate Prometheus Group’s internal development infrastructure (GitLab, JIRA, Jenkins, TestRail, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, Selenium, WhiteSource)
- Develop and implement new deployment strategies for Prometheus Group’s web and mobile software (Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker)
- Maintain a record of changes in the issue tracking system (JIRA) and in source control (Git)
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collaborators including software engineers, team leads, and systems administrators
- Act as a subject matter expert on key technologies, assisting in training product development on their purpose and use
- 2+ years of experience administering development infrastructure (Jenkins, Jira, Git, etc.)
- Experience creating custom Dockerfiles and managing Docker containers
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines
- Experience working within or in partnership with software scrum teams
- Individual time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Familiarity with industry web and mobile use cases
- Experience developing software application and tooling
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder- we can not sponsor at this time.