- 1101 Haynes Street, Suite 218, Raleigh, NC, United States
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. Our suite of software products simplifies the usability of SAP plant maintenance by replacing manual and time-consuming processes. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity, and reporting!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting all aspects of the accounting operations for the company and reports directly to the Controller. The position will provide an opportunity to join a successful, rapidly-growing software company that recently partnered with one of the world’s leading private equity firms – Genstar Capital.
Participate in the day-to-day operations of the finance department including but not limited to:
• Preparing customer invoices and handling new customer set-up
• Reviewing revenue recognized under ASC 606
• Applying A/R receipts and managing the A/R collection process
• Participating in the month-end close process, including reconciling general ledger accounts
• Supporting tax & audit compliance by compiling and preparing information as requested
• Completing and submitting various documents (vendor registrations, tax registrations)
• Complying with all internal controls
• Assisting with the financial integration of acquired companies including exposure to purchase accounting
• Become an expert on the company’s systems (Intacct, OpenAir, Salesforce) and champion process improvements
• Assisting with other critical projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline required
• One to four years of relevant experience or public accounting experience preferred; exceptional candidates with no prior experience will be considered as well
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Excellent communication, analytical, and technical capabilities
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Positive attitude and a strong desire to contribute as an essential member of the team
• Willing to stay late and work weekends to meet the month-end close deadline and the integration of acquired companies (~2 per year)
• Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.