Network and VOIP Administrator
- 1101 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. We are a fun-loving, hard-working group of people who enjoy winning as a team! We are a leading global provider of comprehensive and intuitive enterprise asset management software solutions that work within ERP systems and span the full work management life cycle for maintenance and operations. Our straightforward functionality, graphical visualization, and simple processes enable customers to increase productivity, ensure safety, reduce costs, and improve reporting.
Prometheus Group supports a variety of asset-intensive industries with innovative software delivered both on-premise and in the cloud. The role of the Network and VOIP Administrator is to help deliver high uptime and availability to networks for Prometheus Group at a Global Level. This role will work closely with the systems administrator, helpdesk, and cloud operations team to maintain, expand, and improve the network and related voice technologies utilized to conduct day to day operations.
- Design, Test and Implement large scale network changes across the Prometheus Group networks.
- Diagnose and correct issues related to health, reliability, and scale of all Prometheus Group network environments.
- Author and execute operating procedures, guidelines, and diagrams of the network and voice environments.
- Ensure that documentation of process and architecture are kept consistent with the delivered system to ensure auditability, scalability, and repeatability
- Maintain the Prometheus Group global telephony solution, a VOIP based system with multiple nodes.
- Maintain basic reverse-proxy and load balancer configurations (nginx, apache, ALB/NLB)
Why Prometheus Group?
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past six years
- Generous benefits package:
- Medical/Dental/Life/Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Office socials, company parties, and holiday celebrations
- Wellness Programs with a gym membership, ultimate frisbee, basketball, and volleyball teams
3-5 years of experience in systems and network environments
CCNA or similar certifications preferred
- Dynamic routing protocols including BGP
Site-to-Site VPNs utilizing IPSEC or TLS
General switching and routing configuration
Wireless support and implementation with WPA enterprise
Familiarity with AWS VPC networking and site-to-site VPNs/customer gateways.
Linux and Windows networking technologies
VMware networking technologies
Aggressive mode/client VPN solutions
VOIP troubleshooting (SIP, RTP, IAX2, H.323)
Public Key infrastructure (TLS and other encryption methods)
Experience with nginx/apache or Amazon ALB/NLB load balancing technologies oriented at http and https traffic.
Asterisk or Freepbx experience a plus
Support PRTG or comparable network monitoring solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.