- 1101 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group is a leading global provider of comprehensive and intuitive enterprise asset management software solutions that work within ERP systems and span the full work management life cycle for maintenance and operations. Our straightforward functionality, graphical visualization, and simple processes enable customers to increase productivity, ensure safety, reduce costs, and improve reporting.
We are seeking an experienced Controller. The Controller will be responsible for the company’s financial accounting function and will report to the Chief Financial Officer. This position will provide an opportunity to join a successful, rapidly-growing software company that recently partnered with one of the world’s leading private equity firms – Genstar Capital. An ideal candidate will bring the skills and aptitude necessary to manage the increasing complexity of the company’s financial operations driven by the company’s continued expansion.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a growing team of 10+ individuals (direct/indirect reports) to ensure that all work is completed accurately and on time
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Tax & Compliance Manager to oversee tax return preparation and other finance/accounting-related compliance requirements.
- Research new accounting guidance and work collaboratively with the CFO and the company’s auditors to implement changes in compliance with GAAP.
- Manage the financial/accounting integration of acquired companies (2+ acquisitions per year).
- Take ownership of the company’s accounting system (Intacct) and champion process improvements, including integration with other key systems (Salesforce, OpenAir).
- Oversee the company’s month-end close process, including review of staff work.
- Manage the company’s annual financial statement audit process, including statutory audits of non-US subsidiaries.
- Oversee the company’s renewal/collections function to drive continuous improvement of the company’s DSO metric.
- Oversee the company’s treasury function, including cash disbursements.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in accounting/business preferred
- Software industry experience required, either working for a software company or working with software companies in public accounting
- Prior experience working in a Controller role strongly preferred
- Prior experience working for a private equity portfolio company and/or M&A experience preferred
- Prior experience with Intacct and/or Salesforce preferred
- Prior experience in public accounting and/or an active CPA license preferred
- Passion for training, coaching, and managing a high-achieving team
- Strong desire to improve processes and streamline workflows
- Excellent communication, analytical, and technical capabilities
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing entrepreneurial environment
Why Prometheus Group?
We are a high growth, international software company comprised of a fun-loving, hard-working group of people who enjoy winning as a team!
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past seven years
- Competitive Salaries
- Excellent Working Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Flex Fridays
- Company Events
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Career Progression
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental, life and short term disability coverage 100% paid for employee
- Retirement Savings with Generous Company Match & Immediate Vesting
- Half Day Fridays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Casual Dress Code
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
For more information, visit www.prometheusgroup.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.