- 1101 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
The Assistant Controller role is a full-time position reporting directly to the Controller, with exposure to the CFO. The position will provide an opportunity to join a successful, rapidly-growing software company owned by one of the world’s leading private equity firms – Francisco Partners. The Assistant Controller will have opportunities to develop skills in many different areas, including finance operations, cash and expense management, financial reporting, software-specific US GAAP, audit compliance, and M&A integration. Success in this role will provide opportunities for increased levels of responsibility within the company's finance function.
- Lead the month-end close process, including review of staff work
- Directly manage 4+ team members and work collaboratively with another 5+ team members to ensure all work is completed accurately and on time; responsibilities will include all aspects of management: leading, coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Become an expert on the company’s systems (Intacct, OpenAir, Salesforce) and champion process improvements
- Research new accounting guidance and work collaboratively with Controller and CFO to implement changes to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the team to oversee revenue recognition (ASC 606) and other GAAP compliance requirements
- Drive the collection of outstanding invoices and maintenance renewal process to improve DSO
- Assist with the financial integration of acquired companies and other critical projects as needed
- Public accounting experience
- Experience in the software industry and/or working with software companies in public accounting
- Knowledge of and experience with the new ASC 606 revenue recognition guidance
- Experience with Intacct
- CPA license or MBA with a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Corporate accounting and management experience (at least 3 years)
- A minimum of six (6) years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Passion for training, coaching and managing a high-achieving team
- Strong desire to improve processes and streamline workflows
- Excellent communication, analytical, and technical capabilities
Why Prometheus Group?
We are a high growth, international software company comprised of a fun-loving, hard-working group of people who enjoy winning as a team!
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past seven years
- Competitive Salaries
- Excellent Working Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Flex Fridays
- Company Events
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Career Progression
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental, life and short term disability coverage 100% paid for employee
- Retirement Savings with Generous Company Match & Immediate Vesting
- Half Day Fridays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Casual Dress Code
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
For more information, visit www.prometheusgroup.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.