- 1110 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. We are a fun-loving, hard-working group of people who enjoy winning as a team! We are a leading global provider of comprehensive and intuitive enterprise asset management software solutions that work within ERP systems and span the full work management life cycle for maintenance and operations. Our straightforward functionality, graphical visualization, and simple processes enable customers to increase productivity, ensure safety, reduce costs, and improve reporting.
Do you have a passion for technology? Would you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Then consider joining our team as a Web Developer!
In this role, you will work with a small team in a dynamic startup-like environment to develop, deliver, and support a suite of enterprise web applications. Our team's aim is to deliver a best-in-class web 2.0 experience to users across a variety of industries, with a focus on a consistent and appealing design. Throughout your work in this position, you will gain a detailed understanding of core business processes used throughout the oil and gas, chemical, utilities, mining, and manufacturing industries, while also building a wealth of experience in a variety of software development technologies through on-the-job training. The team implements a product ownership model, following all software from initial concept to development, implementation, and long-term maintenance, with a strong focus on new product development.
Daily responsibilities of a Web Developer include:
- Debug software and configuration issues discovered in development, QA, deployment, and live implementations, including remote debugging in customer environments
- Work with teammates in daily scrums and weekly code reviews to prioritize development items, share information, and build individual skills
- Work with customer support representatives to resolve any customer issues that require developer intervention
- Collaborate with Prometheus Group quality assurance engineers, field services consultants, and customer user acceptance teams to assure successful release and delivery of quality software
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise web applications
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming concepts and methods
- Extensive knowledge of web standards (HTTP, JSP, HTML5, CSS3, JS)
- Familiarity with principles of Service Oriented Architectures, both for RESTful architectures and SOAP web-services
- Experience with relational database storage and SQL as well as JPA or other ORM technology
- Familiarity with the Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection paradigm
- Ability to apply software design patterns (ie. Gang of Four) in practice
- Ability to break down complex development tasks into actionable steps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Java Servlets
- Maven or similar build management systems (ie. Gradle)
- Eclipse IDE or similar
- Spring Framework or other Java-based IoC container
Why Prometheus Group?
We are a high growth, international software company comprised of a fun-loving, hard-working group of people who enjoy winning as a team!
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past seven years
- Competitive Salaries
- Excellent Working Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Flex Fridays
- Company Events
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Career Progression
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental, life and short term disability coverage 100% paid for employee
- Retirement Savings with Generous Company Match & Immediate Vesting
- Half Day Fridays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
For more information, visit www.prometheusgroup.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.