Cloud Operations Engineer
- 1101 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. Our suite of software products simplifies the usability of SAP plant maintenance by replacing manual and time-consuming processes. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity and reporting!
Prometheus Group supports a variety of asset-intensive industries with innovative software delivered both on-premise and in the cloud. The Cloud Operations Engineer, as a member of the Cloud Ops team, is responsible for the design, implementation, and sustainable operation of all cloud infrastructure that supports Prometheus Group's SaaS offerings. In this role, you will share ownership of customer-facing infrastructure, as well as the system operating procedures and process applied to that infrastructure. You will work closely with Software Architects, Dev Ops engineers, and Systems Administrators to ensure continuity, availability, and security of all the SaaS products. In this position, you will report to the Director of Information Technology.
- Design, Test and Deliver a secure cloud runtime to support the full Prometheus Platform stack
- Maintain core application infrastructure that supports customer-facing environments
- Diagnose and correct issues related to health, reliability, and scale to address customer impacting issues according to SLAs
- Author and execute operating procedures and guidelines for the cloud environment
- Ensure that documentation of process and architecture are kept consistent with the delivered system to ensure auditability, scalability, and repeatability
- Share guidance on software implementation process with responsible individuals for on-premise implementations
- Ensure SLA compliance for customer systems, including participation in an on-call rotation
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 5-7 Years experience in cloud operations role
- Amazon Web Services
- ALB, Route 53, RDS, EKS, IAM
- Infrastructure as Code (ex. Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Monitoring and Reporting (ex. Prometheus.io, Grafana)
- Distributed Logging (ELK stack)
Public Key Infrastructure design and management
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder- we can not sponsor at this time.