- 1110 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity, and increased reporting!
Do you have a passion for technology? Would you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Then consider joining our team as a Web Developer! In this role, you will work with a small team in a dynamic startup-like environment to develop, deliver, and support a suite of enterprise web applications. Our team's aim is to deliver a best-in-class web 2.0 experience to users across a variety of industries, with a focus on consistent and appealing design. Throughout your work in this position, you will gain a detailed understanding of core business processes used throughout the oil and gas, chemical, utilities, mining, and manufacturing industries, while also building a wealth of experience in a variety of software development technologies through on-the-job training. The team implements a product ownership model, following all software from initial concept to development, implementation, and long-term maintenance, with a strong focus on new product development.
Daily responsibilities of a Web Developer include:
- Debug software and configuration issues discovered in development, QA, deployment, and live implementations, including remote debugging in customer environments
- Work with teammates in daily scrums and weekly code reviews to prioritize development items, share information, and build individual skills
- Work with customer support representatives to resolve any customer issues that require developer intervention
- Collaborate with Prometheus Group quality assurance engineers, field services consultants, and customer user acceptance teams to assure successful release and delivery of quality software
- Maintain a record of changes in the issue tracking system (Redmine) and in source control (SVN)
- Supervise development interns and associate developers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise web applications
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming concepts and methods
- Extensive knowledge of web standards (HTTP, JSP, HTML5, CSS3, JS)
- Familiarity with principles of Service Oriented Architectures, both for RESTful architectures and SOAP web-services
- Experience with relational database storage and SQL as well as JPA or other ORM technology
- Familiarity with the Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection paradigm
- Ability to apply software design patterns (ie. Gang of Four) in practice
- Ability to break down complex development tasks into actionable steps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Java Servlets
- Maven or similar build management systems (ie. Gradle)
- Eclipse IDE or similar
- Spring Framework or other Java-based IoC container
Why Prometheus Group?
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past seven years
- Generous benefits package:
- Medical/Dental/Life/Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Office socials, company parties, and holiday celebrations
- Wellness Programs with gym membership, ultimate frisbee, basketball, and volleyball teams
For more information, visit www.prometheusgroup.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.