- 1110 Haynes St, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. Our suite of software products simplifies the usability of SAP plant maintenance by replacing manual and time-consuming processes. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity and reporting!
Are you a creative and focused mind interested in a software career? Do you have exemplary technological skills, while also having the ambition to learn new technologies? Then a spot on our Development Team as a Development Operations Engineer may be for you! In this role, you will work with the development teams at Prometheus Group to build, deliver and manage a Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) platform. Our team's aim is to deliver a best-in-class web 2.0 and mobile experience to users across a variety of industries, with a focus on consistent and appealing design. DevOps Engineers will help to support the Technical department’s vast infrastructure, as well as help to define and implement deployment strategies for our web and mobile software. If building a career while adding to your extensive technological skills interests you, apply for our DevOps Engineer role today!
Daily responsibilities include:
- Monitor, assess and administer Prometheus Group’s public cloud environment (Amazon AWS and Azure)
- Monitor, assess and administer Prometheus Group’s internal development infrastructure (Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, SonarQube, Selenium, WhiteSource, TestRail, Jira, Git)
- Develop and implement new deployment strategies for Prometheus Group’s web and mobile software (Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker)
- Maintain a record of changes in the issue tracking system (JIRA) and in source control (Git)
- Represent the company in a polite and professional fashion when interacting with customers by email, telephone, or in person
- B.S. degree
- DevOps or development experience at an established software company
- Experience with managing a global cloud environment
- 2+ years of experience deploying web applications into a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience administering development infrastructure (Jenkins, Jira, Git, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience creating custom Dockerfiles and managing Docker containers
- Experience writing Jenkins pipelines
- Individual time management skills
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable steps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming
- Familiarity with industry web and mobile use cases
- Experience working within or in partnership with software scrum teams
- Experience developing software application and tooling
Why Prometheus Group?
Prometheus Group consists of a great group of fun-loving, talented, hard-working people that create and support enterprise software. Our suite of software products simplifies the usability of SAP plant maintenance by replacing manual and time-consuming processes. We listen to our customers and develop our tools alongside them to make sure we have products that make their lives better. We help them achieve significant ROI through cost savings, increased productivity and reporting!
- Located in downtown Raleigh
- Triangle Business Journal 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies winner the past six years
- Generous benefits package:
- Medical/Dental/Life/Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Short and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Office socials, company parties, holiday celebrations, annual company retreat
- Wellness Programs with gym membership, ultimate frisbee, kickball and soccer teams
For more information, visit www.prometheusgroup.com.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder- we can not sponsor at this time.