- Waltham, MA, Waltham, MA
This is for a multinational electricity and gas utility company headquartered in Warwick, United Kingdom. Its principal activities are in the United Kingdom and North Eastern United States.
Employment Type: 12-month contract
(With high potential for contract extension or conversion to permanent employment)
This is for our client in the energy industry.
· Accountable for building project plans across a program of work within a Jurisdiction. The plans will be built from first principles using the agreed work breakdown structure to support Project Development Engineers and Project Managers.
· Progress each project every month to ensure all projects are monitored for project controls in line with the monthly reporting cycle, checking accuracy and consistency of data, as well as supporting the end of year reconciliation process.
· Accountable for using the schedule and previous forecast to challenge contractor costs and change orders to ensure that only the right and fair amount is being agreed to.
· Accountable for ensuring schedule data is accurate to allow Project Controls to report milestones, planned value and earned value data, % completed on projects and project commentaries.
Provide expert technical input and define policy as to the best way of using the primavera tool to model projects e.g. interface milestones or links between activities, portfolio views etc
Technical Capabilities (Knowledge, Skill, Experience):
· 7+ years’ experience in project management, construction or schedule management or equivalent relevant experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience.
· Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
· Expert using Primavera to create project plans and progress them using a pre-defined work breakdown structure
· Must have Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.